Razer Core Confrimed at $499.99 USD

ANewFace
3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, why not a build a desktop if you're using it at home, and score a deal on a laptop that can game on the go like I did?  Sure, it's not the most "ideal gaming laptop", but you can game for less from MSI, iirc.  Razer, you're overpaying for a logo, not quality.  My laptop has a 7570m, and a i5-3360m.  I can play every new game, and my main rig destroys these laptops as it runs a 280x crossfire+i7-4790k.  I just don't get the point of it is for home use.  If we are trying to get the most frames possible, only at home, then why?

cause deals are not easy to come by and also dependant on locale :P

I know for one I'll be spending at least 1.8k-2k ish for a decent (960m minimum)  gaming laptop. 

if I were to get a decent rig it's going to cost about the same too. 

so you see for that price I can get a blade and a core and a nice GPU and probably have spare change and better performance in games as compared to the desktop even

41 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

My point is that what Razer is doing is pointless.  It's not hard to come by deals if you look around enough eBay and Craiglist.  The best budget gaming laptops are the mobile workstations that editors and other get rid of it when they don't realize what they have.  The reason they get rid of them is because the company the work for has a deal with people like HP and Dell.  They give them overpowered things for what they need, they don't know jack about computers, so they sell laptops with i5s and mobile Radeons in them for a few hundred bucks when they could probably get more for it.  I mean I'd rather have a gaming desktop, and a laptop that can run new games over just a gaming laptop. xD But, you can get a 970m MSI laptop off amazon for less than a 970m laptop on amazon that is made by Razer. xD I don't get why people overpay for a logo.

once  again it books down to locale. in my country,  msi cost about the same as a Razer (with similar specs) 

also I do prefer Razer's design over msi one tbh. and while having a desktop and laptop is swell.  personally I would very much prefer to have one machine instead of 2.

Id rather buy an Alienware 13 or MSI GS40 for $1000-1600, then spend $1000 on a desktop PC

$500 for the enclosure is HIGH

also personally I would rather buy the blade with a mobile GPU AND have the external GPU dock, but maybe thats just me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

14 hours ago, flexluthor said:

God, the amount of people in that thread who are all over that product just killed me a bit inside.

Does anyone really believe this garbage? Razer is becoming more like a cult (or most probably already is).

It's worth it imo. What he's saying might be bull, but imo it's still worth it (for me at least). You can get a $1,000 laptop (useful for those of us college students) that can also be used as your core for a desktop, and buy a core + external monitor and pretty much turn it into a desktop for less than $1k more. That was my plan anyway

Yeah, price is killer... in a bad way.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I can understand if it came WITH a GPU (a 960 or something) but it's basically just a PCI extension and some other simple electronics in a pretty box... And 500 for that? Daamn.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

18 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, like 2 grand for the laptop, 500 for this, and then like 200-1000 for the GPU?

Okay, so that's like 2700 at the minimum.

Let's see what I can build for around that.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($172.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL Dragon RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-4000 Memory  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($619.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($619.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2688.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-17 01:41 EDT-0400

That thing is way too overpriced.

Now, after going to their site they do have one laptop for like 1600.  I can remove like one 980ti, and probably meet the price.  I don't see these selling well.

well if you are going to compare apples to oranges I could also raise the point that you can't take that desktop to work/ school and back every day...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Early adopter tax.. at least for the non-techies who think this is anything new.

I say they got the initiative going, and we wait for prices to drop. At least it doesn't stay expensive over a long period of time (Unlike Apple products; that is another gem of its own)

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Actually, I can.  My dad did that with his work too.  So, that's not a very good argument.

Wow. I guess you can;t use the "Do you even lift?" joke with your dad.

More on point, "can" and "want to" is two very different things.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm bringing Vash with me to UMBC.  So, I'll have that at school every day.  My dad has been brining his office computer to and from work since the IBM PS/1 days.  Even a big ass viewsonic monitor from 95. xD I'd rather have power than mobility.  A laptop, a toaster oven, and GPU for toaster oven are also not that "mobile."  So, it works both ways.  

once again you;re missing the point, You don;t bring the enclosure with you >_< if you rather do that you;re better off getting those heavy gaming laptops with desktop 980s instead