970 gtx SLI issue please HELP!

1 minute ago, Dante Wolfe said:

Actually I dont got two of the same brand. One is a EVGA 970 gtx and one is a Asus 970 GTX STRIX.

I know hence my comment

7 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59534

not sure if this could cause this issue as it isn't EVGA specific

But if the EVGA cards don't SLI within brand, I would suspect that they wont SLI cross brand. Apparently theres some software called different SLI, ive never used it:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/827813/different-brand-970s-sli-not-working-only-working-with-different-sli-auto-workaround-/

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 hours ago, astrosheen said:

take a look at these for the slot placement you have 28 lanes on that cpu

20f718a7b8.png

07c9632721.png

Okay so i have it on the 5th slot now. And still same thing. Only thing it does is the under line top left. Moves down 3 spaces in the center and then reboots cycle

2 hours ago, stealth80 said:

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59534

not sure if this could cause this issue as it isn't EVGA specific

My evga model is 04G-p4-397. SSC.  But those say 397 with extra numbers or letters.. is it the same? Also it says i should have my cards on slot 1 and 4..and theyre and still gettin the same issue..

7 minutes ago, Dante Wolfe said:

My evga model is 04G-p4-397. SSC.  But those say 397 with extra numbers or letters.. is it the same? Also it says i should have my cards on slot 1 and 4..and theyre and still gettin the same issue..

I've already told you that this is a known issue which has to do with the latest driver release. So stop playing with the GPU slots (it is NOT going to help) and do what I said.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

5 hours ago, Imakuni said:

I've already told you that this is a known issue which has to do with the latest driver release. So stop playing with the GPU slots (it is NOT going to help) and do what I said.

I don't think it is as it is only happening in SLI, both cards work fine individually on these drivers, or that is what the OP said anyway

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Did you enable the SLI mode in Bios? Also known as Multiple GPU mode.

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!