970 gtx SLI issue please HELP!

(   had to repost this was on the wrong section please somebody help D:   )

Hello Everyone, I am in need of help.. I just can't figure out what the issue is So let me get to it.. I just bought a new graphic card Unfortunately it wasn't the same one as my evga but its the same model 970 gtx I got a ASUS Strix 970gtx

and I was excited when it came in the door. I shut down my pc safetly and put my division gaming on pause for a moment while I install this. Me thinkin this will take 5-10 mins at tops. but My bad luck never stops.. It post! but.. it doesn't load up.. it goes in a rebooting LOOP and first thing came to my mind is "Oh shite.. I forgot to put the switch on for x2 SLI on board. restarted and still the same issue.. Now I tried a few things. I rearranged the cards. (putting in different slots.) I tried removing the sli strip and turning off the sli. I tried leaving the strip on but sli button off. and so on. the card does work. its not DOA. but it wont boot up together.. So What is my issue... D:

My Specs:

Windows 7 ULTIMATE

Asus X 99 Delux Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz With a Corsair h100I Liquid cooling

32gb ddr4 RAM

ANTEC TRUE POWER Quattro Power Supply 1000w

750gb SD (not ssd)

3tb HHD

EVGA 970 GTX Graphic card

Accessories (Im sure doesnt matter but)

2 LG 29 inch LED monitors

Razer Deathstalker ultimate

Razer naga 2014

Razer Kraken USB chroma

on the post code reader are you able to see the last code it shows before it reboots?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

No it doesnt even give me a post code. When I connect it. It starts up black screen, then turns to my asus screen  "press Del or f2 for bio settings" then after a few seconds if nothing is pressed It loads to the next black screen where it has the White Underline " _ " then it flashes and reboots. and goes like that in a cycle. Now. I've clicked the SLI button switch to x2 (2 cards) I have the strip on is there something am I missing? Something in the BIOS I have to enable? cause. my original card EVGA 970 gtx works. and the asus one works fine too.

8 minutes ago, Dante Wolfe said:

It post! but.. it doesn't load up.. it goes in a rebooting LOOP

That's a known issue with the latest 364.47 / .51 driver. Boot into safe mode and roll back to 362.xx

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

and what slots did you have the cards in? 

16x 1 and 16x 2?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

1 minute ago, Dante Wolfe said:

No it doesnt even give me a post code. When I connect it. It starts up black screen, then turns to my asus screen  "press Del or f2 for bio settings" then after a few seconds if nothing is pressed It loads to the next black screen where it has the White Underline " _ " then it flashes and reboots. and goes like that in a cycle. Now. I've clicked the SLI button switch to x2 (2 cards) I have the strip on is there something am I missing? Something in the BIOS I have to enable? cause. my original card EVGA 970 gtx works. and the asus one works fine too.

Sounds like its not getting enough power to me. are you using separate cables for the gpus?

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

Just now, Imakuni said:

That's a known issue with the latest 364.47 / .51 driver. Boot into safe mode and roll back to 362.xx

My apologies but how do I roll back?  my head is just gone right now.

take a look at these for the slot placement you have 28 lanes on that cpu

20f718a7b8.png

07c9632721.png

2 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

and what slots did you have the cards in? 

16x 1 and 16x 2?

I've tried every slot to be honest.

2 minutes ago, reddemonoverlord said:

Sounds like its not getting enough power to me. are you using separate cables for the gpus?

I have a 1000w power supply. Not the best brand but I am using the original cables it came with. Unfortunately its not fully modulare.

My apologies but how do I roll back?  my head is just gone right now.

You boot into safe mode, uninstall the previous driver with DDU Utility, and then you download and install a previous version.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I have a 1000w power supply. Not the best brand but I am using the original cables it came with. Unfortunately its not fully modulare.

yeah, im not questioning the psu, just asking if you are using seprate cables for each gpu, i did this once T_T thats why im asking.

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

3 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

take a look at these for the slot placement you have 28 lanes on that cpu

20f718a7b8.png

07c9632721.png

Im using slot 1 and 2 and I've tried 1 and 2-5.  Should I be using other slot?

3 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

You boot into safe mode, uninstall the previous driver with DDU Utility, and then you download and install a previous version.

Oh so, go to the Asus driver page and install the previous version of bios? after uninstalling the one I have now?

so from this your only option is slots 1 and 4

1 minute ago, reddemonoverlord said:

yeah, im not questioning the psu, just asking if you are using seprate cables for each gpu, i did this once T_T thats why im asking.

Oh no, I'm not trying to insult you or anything and I most defenitly apperciate your help, Just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. ~sighs~ things like this make me feel so stupid..

1 minute ago, astrosheen said:

so from this your only option is slots 1 and 4

I've tried 1 and 4 but I can try again or try other slots besides one I suppose.

Just now, Dante Wolfe said:

Oh no, I'm not trying to insult you or anything and I most defenitly apperciate your help, Just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. ~sighs~ things like this make me feel so stupid..

Oh, i know, i just was admitting that because i didnt want it to be the issue and you feel bad about it :P i may not seem it but i care about you guys ~cheers and i hope that you figure it out.

No, you go here, input the correct settings and download the 362.00 version.

have the gpus in slots 1 and 4 as per the pictures above as that is what the manual says and check for the driver issue

wasn't there an issue with some EVGA 970's compatibility?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59534

not sure if this could cause this issue as it isn't EVGA specific

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

mmm thats interesting cards within the same brand unable to sli, wonder why.?

1 minute ago, astrosheen said:

mmm thats interesting cards within the same brand unable to sli, wonder why.?

Actually I dont got two of the same brand. One is a EVGA 970 gtx and one is a Asus 970 GTX STRIX.

2 minutes ago, Dante Wolfe said:

Actually I dont got two of the same brand. One is a EVGA 970 gtx and one is a Asus 970 GTX STRIX.

yea i know hopefully it doesnt flow to other brands.