Evga 980ti (Output 1x8Pin || Input 2x8 Pin)

TheGuy12211221
Go to solution Solved by Speakerator,

its fine and intended that way. If you want, you can double check what kind of power the psu delivers on for VGA, but for something so "mainstream" like a single 980TI you'll be good to go

So I built my pc today BUT I'm not sure about the cable I use to supply my gpu with power. The cable has 1x8 Pin type 3 connector to plug it into the PSU and at the end it has 2x8 Pin connectors.

Here is a Graphical representation:

IMG_20160315_003925.thumb.jpg.508bc93fad

Will this work?

if the connectors fit, it will work. you usually want to use separate cables but it does not really matter unless you overclock. Cheers~

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

It will, but some people advise against pushing that much power through a single daisy chained cable especially if you overclock. I personally have to run two cables as each only has a 6+2 and a 6 pin and have had no problems.

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs 

its fine and intended that way. If you want, you can double check what kind of power the psu delivers on for VGA, but for something so "mainstream" like a single 980TI you'll be good to go

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

9 minutes ago, TheGuy12211221 said:

if it fits, it sits

(3 months later)

Spoiler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately