Is this a good 1080p YouTube video starter?

Nikon D3300 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Zoom Lens andAF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Lens - (Certified Refurbished) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBGB49Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_uWA5wbWX7KBR9

will this be good for 1080p videos and macros of products? Or is their s better option?

What kind of phone do you have?

Probably could just use that. 

3 minutes ago, Arty said:

What kind of phone do you have?

Probably could just use that. 

I have an iPhone but I don't nearly have enough space. I want to be able to focus and zoom in and everything. I have $600 to spend but nobody can help me find a good DSLR, I want to upgrade to the GH4 eventually. Can you help me find a good one please?

1 minute ago, Beeeyeee said:

I have an iPhone but I don't nearly have enough space. I want to be able to focus and zoom in and everything. I have $600 to spend but nobody can help me find a good DSLR, I want to upgrade to the GH4 eventually. Can you help me find a good one please?

im not that good with camera, i just use my nexus 5x, and then post processing magic to do my stuff lol.

23 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Nikon D3300 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Zoom Lens andAF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Lens - (Certified Refurbished) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBGB49Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_uWA5wbWX7KBR9

will this be good for 1080p videos and macros of products? Or is their s better option?

It is a fantastic product, im sure you'll be happy with it

However if you want to save some money, go for the Nikon D3200. They are pretty much the same.

beware of the d3100 and the canon cams in this price range

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

It is a fantastic product, im sure you'll be happy with it

However if you want to save some money, go for the Nikon D3200. They are pretty much the same.

beware of the d3100 and the canon cams in this price range

Does the d3200 have 60fps? What lenses would you recommend  for macro shots of products?:)

A macro lens to take macro photos... should be obvious enough.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

41 minutes ago, ALwin said:

A macro lens to take macro photos... should be obvious enough.

I don't know anything about lenses. What size would that be? 55-200 or 55-300?

5 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Sounds to me you'll be better off with buying a camcorder.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

2 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

Does the d3200 have 60fps? What lenses would you recommend  for macro shots of products?:)

Yes, but only at 1280x720. If you want 1920x1080 then you will be limited to 30 FPS.

There is also a 20 minute limit that you should keep in mind.

1 hour ago, Beeeyeee said:

Macro lenses are special. If you buy something like a 200mm lens you will probably have to be quite far away to be able to focus. A macro lens will be able to focus on things much closer than a normal lens.

I recommend you get the camera first, experiment with the stock lens and then if you notice that you want for example the ability to focus closer than you can with the stock lens, look into a macro lens or possibly even an extension tube.

By the way, decent lights and a good microphone makes a MUCH bigger difference to your videos than getting an expensive camera and lens does.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Yes, but only at 1280x720. If you want 1920x1080 then you will be limited to 30 FPS.

There is also a 20 minute limit that you should keep in mind.

Macro lenses are special. If you buy something like a 200mm lens you will probably have to be quite far away to be able to focus. A macro lens will be able to focus on things much closer than a normal lens.

I recommend you get the camera first, experiment with the stock lens and then if you notice that you want for example the ability to focus closer than you can with the stock lens, look into a macro lens or possibly even an extension tube.

By the way, decent lights and a good microphone makes a MUCH bigger difference to your videos than getting an expensive camera and lens does.

I already have nice lighting and a good mic this is honestly the only other thing I need. I hate using my phone to record videos. Haha thank you for being so informative and friendly:) I really appreciate it. I think I'll get the d3300 than. :)

5 hours ago, ALwin said:

Sounds to me you'll be better off with buying a camcorder.

No need to be a douche little buddy. ;) at one point you didn't know about lenses either. I just know what I want and I know a DSLR is the best way to achieve it. I also want to take pictures for people too. Being nice can get you surprisingly further in life. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you should act any differently than if we were in person. 

19 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

No need to be a douche little buddy. ;) at one point you didn't know about lenses either. I just know what I want and I know a DSLR is the best way to achieve it. I also want to take pictures for people too. Being nice can get you surprisingly further in life. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you should act any differently than if we were in person. 

Well I'm not the one looking to buy a camera to make silly product videos for YouTube without knowing a thing about cameras, just like countless number of silly kids out there.

7 hours ago, ALwin said:

I know a lot about cameras actually. Just not about DSLR lenses. At least I'm trying to do something with my life. And that I have some hope it can work out because that's what I actually want to do with my life 

I've decided I want to do something with my life.

i don't understand why you're being rude to some dude for asking a question. Does it make you feel good? Some middle aged douche trying to be funny? I'm literally asking the question to find the answer because I wsnt to learn, not act like I know already. 

8 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

snip

Well as someone who knows better, and has experience with various video audio equipment and who actually works with video production... I am telling you that you might be better served by buying a camcorder.  The camcorder I linked below has a very close focusing distance, about 1cm.  It comes with an image stabilisation system optimised for recording video.  It includes an AC power adapter.  It records 1080p60.  It has an internal 32GB of storage and a slot for a memory card.  I'm not 100% sure but I think it comes with a wireless remote control that lets you control record/playback, zoom in/out.  It is also capable of taking still photos.  And at that price, you can still save up a bit more and also get a dedicated photo camera.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1022663-REG/sony_hdrpj540_b_16gb_hdr_pj340_full_hd.html

On 3/13/2016 at 11:04 PM, Beeeyeee said:

The firmware im using has 50fps

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Since you are planning on upgrading into a camera that shoots 4k in the future why not look into the used market like eBay or Used listings on Amazon.  Maybe start with a Canon 60D + 50mm lense ~$500 USD . Then you can start investing money in different lenses later.  Nikons aren't that great with video compare to Canon from my past experience.