Gigabyte GTX 950, will it cool effectively?

deWaardt

Hi, I'm fixing my PC on a tight budget as the HD6570 gave up after more than a month of struggling and artifacting, now I'm planning on getting a new one ofcourse.

I had my eyes on a Gigabyte GTX 950, this one:

http://maxict.nl/product/5475412/gigabyte-gv-n950oc-2gd-grafikkarten-gf-gtx-950-2gb-gddr5-pci-express-30-x16-2-x-dvi-hdmi-displayport-gv-n950oc-2gd?btwview=in&rs=googleshopping&gclid=CjwKEAiA9om3BRDpzvihsdGnhTwSJAAkSewLV74AlMZje575xp8X26dWOj--igl8psyNQBSUts8KqBoCbPrw_wcB

in fact.

Now I'm asking myself, this looks all cool and stuff, the price tag is nice and low, but will the 90mm fan and the not-so-large-looking heatsink actually cool the card effectively?

Please, I'm not looking for answers like "buy this model that costs 20 bucks more instead", I'm looking for an answer on whether this card will be able to cool itself without burning to pieces

Thanks in advance,

I'd say yes as i doubt they would release a card which would over heat(fury nano cough cough)

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

okay cool.

Looks like I know what I'm getting

Thanks for the help!

I got the card, performance is amazing, but it sounds like two vacuum cleaners strapped to a Russian jet engine.

For 160 bucks, it's amazing if you don't mind the noise.

I found the cause of the noise issue of my card, airflow to the GPU was disrupted causing the GPU to keep recirculating it's own hot air.

I fixed that, card is whisper silent now :)

Definitely recommend this card!