Razer vs. Logitech

Master Jimbob

Hey There, Im a newbie and building my first pc soon. Can anyone recommend me a good gaming keyboard and mouse. Also in the topic i would like to debate about Razer vs. Logitech, and good products from both sides. Additionally, if anyone can answer : can the Logitech G910 Orion Spark Run on Windows 10? On the webpage it says that the Orion Spark will only run on up to windows 8.1, but has anyone tried the Orion Spark on Windows 10?

Logitech > Razer

Though there are other amazing peripheral makers, Corsiar, Ducky, Filco, Mionix  etc etc etc etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yes! Thank You. I was actually planning to buy the G710, but thanks to ur reply, I can live with the Orion Spark. Also, I was also planing to get the   G502 proteus core. My friend was always somewhat a Razer Fan. I have another question : Should I go with a logitech headset (Artemis Spectrum) or a razor one. Im looking for wired, and I need a good mic on it. Also, I want a speaker, so I would like some recommendations

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Logitech > Razer

Though there are other amazing peripheral makers, Corsiar, Ducky, Filco, Mionix  etc etc etc etc

Yes, I though so. Logitech is more common than razor, isn't it?

I would recommend the G810 over the G910, I have the G910 and it's huge. otherwise logitech makes great stuff either way, if you want a less complicated and flashy mouse, but still comfortable, look into the older g400s

1 minute ago, Master Jimbob said:

Yes, I though so. Logitech is more common than razor, isn't it?

Razer has terrible quality control IMO, the only reputable things from them is the blackwidow, the deathadder and the goliathus mousepads. other than that, I wouldn't use anything from them.

I had a Razer Deathadder 2013 for around 6 months one or two years ago, the software drove me insane and, as I use a claw grip, the mouse wasn't really comfortable to me. Sold it and got a much simpler Logitech G300 that's with me until now, great mouse all around.

I definitely would say that Logitech is way superior to Razer for mouse.

About keyboards, I have a Cooler Master Quickfire TK and love this keyboard with Cherry MX Browns, but there are a lot of good keyboard brands in the market like DasKeyboard, Filco, Corsair, Cooler Master, Ducky, and many others

1 minute ago, Meestagibbon said:

I would recommend the G810 over the G910, I have the G910 and it's huge. otherwise logitech makes great stuff either way, if you want a less complicated and flashy mouse, but still comfortable, look into the older g400s

My friend had the G402 Hyperion Fury and it was quite good, but I'll still get the G502. As for the G810, it doesn't have any G keys does it? If no, then I'll get  the G910. (I don't mind that much about how big it is). But thnx for the help and info

Just now, Aytex said:

Razer's mice are great

Debatable, the shapes are good but their sensors are horrific, minus the DA Chroma.

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

I had a Razer Deathadder 2013 for around 6 months one or two years ago, the software drove me insane and, as I use a claw grip, the mouse wasn't really comfortable to me. Sold it and got a much simpler Logitech G300 that's with me until now, great mouse all around.

I definitely would say that Logitech is way superior to Razer

My friend had the Logitech G300 and he says that its quite good, especially for his (and mine) small hand.

My friend had the Logitech G300 and he says that its quite good, especially for his (and mine) small hand.

The G300 is really a great mouse, my only problem with it is that recently it started to wear out the rubber on the left side where my thumb rests, but it isn't nearly as bad to make me change the mouse just yet

Just now, HolyMoses said:

The G300 is really a great mouse, my only problem with it is that recently it started to wear out the rubber on the left side where my thumb rests, but it isn't nearly as bad to make me change the mouse just yet

Ok.

2 minutes ago, Master Jimbob said:

My friend had the G402 Hyperion Fury and it was quite good, but I'll still get the G502. As for the G810, it doesn't have any G keys does it? If no, then I'll get  the G910. (I don't mind that much about how big it is). But thnx for the help and info

G810 has no G-keys but I believe all of the F-keys are able to be changed to any key you desire. I like the simpler design of the G810 and the G910 wrist wrest is kind of odd, you might find yourself resting your palm in the little window that says G910. It can be uncomfortable, but it only matters if you have small hands/curl your fingers a lot like myself.

I have another question : can anyone recommend me some good speakers for my desktop build. I would also like recommendations on a good headset (with good sound quality, is comfortable and with a good mic) and a mouse mat.

I have another question : can anyone recommend me some good speakers for my desktop build. I would also like recommendations on a good headset (with good sound quality, is comfortable and with a good mic) and a mouse mat.

mousemat, if you want a normal large one, the logitech g640/Zowie G-SR would do fine, if you want a table sized one, look into the Glorius Mouse Mats from PCgamingrace.com, Logitech has good surround sound speakers, and headsets, I am not one to care for gaming headsets, I'd recommend something like some sennheiser HD558s and a Mod Mic or other forms of the same solution.

14 minutes ago, Meestagibbon said:

mousemat, if you want a normal large one, the logitech g640/Zowie G-SR would do fine, if you want a table sized one, look into the Glorius Mouse Mats from PCgamingrace.com, Logitech has good surround sound speakers, and headsets, I am not one to care for gaming headsets, I'd recommend something like some sennheiser HD558s and a Mod Mic or other forms of the same solution.

K Ty for da info, i'll check dem out

I have a G502 mouse and a Razer Blackwidow 2014 keyboard. I don't get all the hate about Razer- I love the keyboard, but the constant software updates are a pain and I did get it 50% in a sale. Personally, I've never had a bad experience with Logitech (my last mouse was Logi and it last 8 years), so I would go with them, unless there is something that really appeals about Razer in which case that is cool also. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Yes, the Orion Spark can run on Windows 10. I own it and have Windows 10 and I frigging love my keyboard. Even though the consensus on the Internet is that this thing is terrible I love it. The wrist rest is super comfy when gaming, I love the key switches and the lightings awesome, and everyone hates the angles keycaps and I actually kinda like them they're fine for gaming and typing. I haven't had much experience with the Blackwidow but I didn't like how it doesn't have dedicated media buttons, much more light bleed and also no wrist rest. I do own a Razer mouse which is the Razer Orochi and I bought it because of the shape but I'm having issues with trying to run it in wireless mode. Overall man, it all comes down to personal preference. A lotta ppl love Razer and a lotta ppl love Logitech. It's just whatever works for you personally that matters.

2 hours ago, Master Jimbob said:

Yes! Thank You. I was actually planning to buy the G710, but thanks to ur reply, I can live with the Orion Spark. Also, I was also planing to get the   G502 proteus core. My friend was always somewhat a Razer Fan. I have another question : Should I go with a logitech headset (Artemis Spectrum) or a razor one. Im looking for wired, and I need a good mic on it. Also, I want a speaker, so I would like some recommendations

Also, I wouldn't go with either Razer or Logitech for a headset. I would either buy that planetonics rig 505 lava, the corsair void or the kingston hyperx fury. You could also go with audiophile grade headphones and add a mod mic, but I personally use the planetonics rig 505 because out of all the headsets that I've tried it was by FAR the most comfortable while also having decent sound in game. I started out with the seinnheisser g4me ones, then tried the logitech g410, then the kingstons, and finally the planetonics. So you can see I was having issues finding one that worked for me. I wear tick frame glasses and all of them really hurt my ears when wearing them for any length of time except the planetonics. While the seinnheissers had arguably better audio I still think the planetonics sound more than good enough for me and I'm not an audiophile like some people so for me comfort was the biggest factor but they still have sound quality comparable to the kingstons which are some of the best headsets on the market right now for the money. I've only heard negative things about razer and logitechs headsets and neither of those brands felt super comfy to me either. I had never heard of planetonics but I will be keeping them in mind in the future for all of my headset purchases

Also, the g910 has 9 macro keys as well as 3 profiles for a combined ability to map 27 macros. However, the G810 has the ability to program the F keys as macros so you have some of that functionality. Also it has a more reserved aesthetic as well as normal keycaps and is smaller which may factor into your decision. Personally, I like the macro keys and the size doesn't bother me, and I've grown to enjoy the goofy keycaps and gaudy look. So like I said, it all comes down to personal preference in the end. Also, when considering a keyboard you have to realize there are many different kinds of key switches. What's good for one person may not be good for you. Some people like clicky, some don't. Some like a more pronounced bump, while others dislike having any feedback and would prefer to have a linear key switch. Still others prefer topre keyboards, which is a hybrid between a normal membrane keyboard and a mechanical one which has a bump at the beginning of the keypress instead of in the middle like cherry and it's clones. My recommendation to you is to either go to Best Buy or if you're lucky enough to live close to a micro center and try out all the different keyboards to get an idea for what you like. You could also order a keyswitch tester from amazon for around 7-20 bucks which has the different kinds of switches that you can try to get a feel for what you enjoy.

I've heard in recent years that Razer's quality is lacking. Personally, I have a Megalodon from about 7 years back that I use every day. 

I prefer Logitech if only because I want fewer disparate software programs running for each peripheral I have. Logitech's mice, while I love their design, have not held up well over time for me, I've had to replace after a year or two due to double click issues MX518 and G5 and I currently have a G500s which I bought a week before they released the G502 DOH! 

Both brands I'd say wait for a really good sale to get, but especially Razer as their value seems right at about 50% of their MSRP.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I use these speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/Edifier-Exclaim-Bi-Amped-Speaker-e10/dp/B009XGH2HG/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1457713261&sr=1-1&keywords=edifier

and i enjoy them very much as they are pretty good for their price. They have alright bass and sound and I payed 75 bucks for them which was a good deal I think. You can get better but then you spend much more money and it was a good fit for me. As for a mouse mat I use a sargas xl by mionix and it's definitely a good mat but I mainly bought it because I like Mionix and wanted to support them as a company. Here's some other very good mouse mats for a bit cheaper: the rantopad, the glorious pc xl mat, the highteck extended mouse pad, as well as corsairs latest mouse pad that's gray and Razer's goliathus is kind of a staple when it comes to mouse mats. You can look up all the ones I just listed on amazon under extended mouse pads and you'll see them all on the first page or 2. Ultimately I'd just pick the one that suits your taste in looks because they're all good pads that'll allow your mouse to have no problems tracking and also keep your keyboard in place

Logitech > Razer, but I wouldn't get the G910 if you plan to do any typing.  It has really weird bumbs on the key caps that makes me type a lot slower.  I'd recommend looking at Cooler Master, Ducky, or Corsair for a keyboard.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames