I´m having trouble finding a good quality headset that i can use to listen to music, watch the occasional movie and game with.

Does anyone have good reccommendations for something like that, i´m seriously baffled.

3 minutes ago, Frodo_77_Baggins said:

I´m having trouble finding a good quality headset that i can use to listen to music, watch the occasional movie and game with.

Does anyone have good reccommendations for something like that, i´m seriously baffled.

How much are you willing to spend?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

How much are you willing to spend?

i´m willing to spend about $200 - $250

Just now, Frodo_77_Baggins said:

i´m willing to spend about $200 - $250

okay then open or closed?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

okay then open or closed?

i´m fine with both, i´m not much of a audiophile

If you are willing to spend above 100 dollars, get M50x by audio technica.
Great Quality headphones and perfect as daily drivers.
Or you can check out some beyerdynamics or sennheiser open backs.
It all depends on your budget. Try to get a low impedance headphones that won't require an external DAC.

Just now, Shantanu_PC said:

If you are willing to spend above 100 dollars, get M50x by audio technica.
Great Quality headphones and perfect as daily drivers.
Or you can check out some beyerdynamics or sennheiser open backs.
It all depends on your budget. Try to get a low impedance headphones that won't require an external DAC.

Just no. 

Ohm has nothing to do with a headphone or headset being hard to drive and a dac cant power headphones. Read my post about dacs and amps so you can get a better understanding of amps and dacs.

i´m fine with both, i´m not much of a audiophile

Open: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro/ AKG k612/ Audio-Technica ATH AD900X + a mod mic

Closed: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro/ AKG K553 Pro + mod mic

If you also like great aesthetics on your cans then you can try Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or V-MODA Crossfades

15 minutes ago, Frodo_77_Baggins said:

if you HAVE to get a headset, maybe the MMX300 from beyerdynamics (I did a review on the forum

if not, get a mod mic and some DT770/990s or something

Or get a better mic depending on your spending

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Just no. 

Ohm has nothing to do with a headphone or headset being hard to drive and a dac cant power headphones. Read my post about dacs and amps so you can get a better understanding of amps and dacs.

Open: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro/ AKG k612/ Audio-Technica ATH AD900X + a mod mic

Closed: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro/ AKG K553 Pro + mod mic

DAC/AMP usage also depends on OHM level if I'm not wrong.
High OHM headphones have to use a amp for unfolding it's full potential.
Bass speakers also have low OHM for that bounce that they need.
BTW my beyerdynamics can't work with standard on board sound-card set.
It needs an amp and while producing music, I can definitely see the difference between low power and high power headphones

6 minutes ago, Shantanu_PC said:

DAC/AMP usage also depends on OHM level if I'm not wrong.
High OHM headphones have to use a amp for unfolding it's full potential.
Bass speakers also have low OHM for that bounce that they need.
BTW my beyerdynamics can't work with standard on board sound-card set.
It needs an amp and while producing music, I can definitely see the difference between low power and high power headphones

You are wrong on so many lvls. It's how effective your headphones are so a 600 ohm headphone can be easier to drive than a 32 ohm. The beyerdynamics can work with on board with no problem at all, have you not read my post or what?

EDIT 

the fact that you recommend m50x for gaming with really just gives me the feeling that you dont really know that much about headphones, since they are so bad for gaming since their soundstage is little to none extincting.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You are wrong on so many lvls. It's how effective your headphones are so a 600 ohm headphone can be easier to drive than a 32 ohm. The beyerdynamics can work with on board with no problem at all, have you not read my post or what?

I did read your post.
But for some odd reason, My board can't.
And by can't I mean not at full volume that the drivers can output.
Even my onboard soundcard seems to have no EMI/RFI noises.
On my brother's computer, it sounds really crisp while working with onboard sound cause his MOBO has a great soundcard in built but at the same time his MOBO's cost is 600 dollars.

1 minute ago, Shantanu_PC said:

I did read your post.
But for some odd reason, My board can't.
And by can't I mean not at full volume that the drivers can output.
Even my onboard soundcard seems to have no EMI/RFI noises.
On my brother's computer, it sounds really crisp while working with onboard sound cause his MOBO has a great soundcard in built but at the same time his MOBO's cost is 600 dollars.

Most motherboard from 100-150$ and up can power most headphones even harder to drive ones. I am glad we got this out of the way. :) 

Most motherboard from 100-150$ and up can power most headphones even harder to drive ones. I am glad we got this out of the way. :) 

I think my beyerdynamics just don't cope up with my Asus board.

I think my beyerdynamics just don't cope up with my Asus board.

What asus board do you have?

Maximus 8 hero

Where do you plug in your headphones?

THE BACK IO Port

Plug them into the front ,because Asus likes to make the front jack the one with most power in it.

I tried it with my R5 case but no.
The thing is the same port has to deliver power as well as electric sound waves.
This might be the reason.

I tried it with my R5 case but no.
The thing is the same port has to deliver power as well as electric sound waves.
This might be the reason.

Hmm @SSL has a guide I think that can help you out.

Okay back to the main topic OP look at the headphones I recommended they are all pretty good/really good for gaming and movies.

Okay back to the main topic OP look at the headphones I recommended they are all pretty good/really good for gaming and movies.

Yes i have looked at them and the AKG Pro Audio K612PRO have really caught my attention so thank you for helping me out.

You da real MVP

Yes i have looked at them and the AKG Pro Audio K612PRO have really caught my attention so thank you for helping me out.

You da real MVP

No problem man, I am just glad that I could help you :)