Want to do a fresh Windows 7 install onto a new SSD off of a hard drive

Act1Part2

Is it possible to do a fresh install of windows off the current install?

Basically I want to use the new SSD as the default boot, but I can't find my Windows disk, so I want to install windows onto the new SSD using the current install that I am using right now.

? I don't follow. You can now download the images from Microsoft provided you have a valid key. (Windows 10 may have this feature to generate an image from the existing OS but it probably isn't really "clean", but windows 7 backup tool may have something but I've never used that route)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/home

Just now, Act1Part2 said:

Can I find the key through windows or do I need the physical thing?

Ah that depends but in general it is far easier if you have the key handy without trying to dig it out of windows as Microsoft seems to not like that route.

you will need to extract the product key of your current OS install using key finder programs

take note of it

look for Windows ISO from Microsoft website

download and make a bootable USB drive 8GB thumbdrive at least

unplug the HDD and only have the SSD installed

boot from the USB drive with the Windows and you can build the OS

when in Windows

go to system and click activate my Windows and you just re enter the product key

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Once the new ssd has the required capacity, you can clone the old disk on to the ssd without needing to install windows again.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

23 minutes ago, Act1Part2 said:

Is it possible to do a fresh install of windows off the current install?

Basically I want to use the new SSD as the default boot, but I can't find my Windows disk, so I want to install windows onto the new SSD using the current install that I am using right now.

It'd called "cloning and you may or may not need your windows key as was already said. You can find it easily with magicjellybean key finder.

Another question, if I do manage to get the new windows install onto the SSD will it have any necessary drivers such as Ethernet controllers? 

2 hours ago, Act1Part2 said:

Another question, if I do manage to get the new windows install onto the SSD will it have any necessary drivers such as Ethernet controllers? 

A fresh windows install usually if not always has ethernet drivers. About the original question, you might be able to partition the hard drive and put the iso on the partition. Can anyone else confirm if this would work or not? If  your windows 7 key is non-OEM, you can download an iso here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

And BTW, you cannot (at least that I know of), create a fresh install iso from a running windows, only an iso of your entire drive.

This might help: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-CLEAN-Install-Windows-8-directly-from-Hard-/?ALLSTEPS

i7 6700K, Gigabyte 1080ti, Corsair 16GB, 850 Evo 500GB

Corsair Strafe RGB Brown