Silent graphics card

Im about to buy a new graphics card and Im looking at the ASUS R9 380X Strix but is it really silent says on the box 30% more quiet?! Anyone got some info or tips on something else? :)

budget?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

just kidding a strix seris card would be great there are the quietesttest

4 minutes ago, Desanimania said:

Im about to buy a new graphics card and Im looking at the ASUS R9 380X Strix but is it really silent says on the box 30% more quiet?! Anyone got some info or tips on something else? :)

i'd buy an MSI Twinfrozer, i've heard alot of good things, I myself have the MSI GTX 960 with the Twinfrozer V cooler on it :)

6 minutes ago, Desanimania said:

the strix card has its fans off until the gpu temp gets to a certain temp

Just now, Jer45 said:

the strix card has its fans off until the gpu temp gets to a certain temp

Exactly thats why they are quitesttest

I presume that they're talking about the 0db fan mode when it's idle. Well, it is quiet but the cooling is kinda subpar when you compare it to other brands like Sapphire and MSI.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, mikat said:

i'd buy an MSI Twinfrozer, i've heard alot of good things, I myself have the MSI GTX 960 with the Twinfrozer V cooler on it :)

i heard there service is preety bad

Sapphire's cards are dead silent at idle, from what I've seen. Some cards turn off their fans at idle so they make no noise whatsoever, they just quietly get warm.

Sapphire made a 250(X?) that had a full-passive cooler, a big ol' heatsink that wrapped partway around the card which kept it perfectly cool.

22 minutes ago, Enderman said:

budget?

I was thinking around 250

14 minutes ago, bmuskett9920 said:

just put you pc somewhere else and get whatever video card you can afford

Not an option :/

i am interested in this as well. My evga 4gb gtx 760 is a jet engine at full load. It is fine at idle

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

2 minutes ago, max_headroom said:

0020080800_3759_large.jpeg?v=1443582365

Noise problem solved.

Haha current card can penetrate the mufflers!

Well the Strix cooler is silent at idle, or during light usage.

But I find the fan curve is tuned completely wrong on my 980. The fans spin up way too late (once the gpu reaches 65 degrees). I setup a custom fan curve in MSI afterburner to keep the temps in check. And here's the kicker, with a custom fan curve the minimum speed you can set is 40%.

So if you want silent at idle, and decent temps when gaming, you'll probably have to switch between custom and default fan curves. Kinda annoying.