How to uninstall a program that requires a password to uninstall it?

LukeS

My dad installed a stupid "family protection" program that takes a website, analyzes it for words which are on the "black list" and then flags it. I'm doing a school report on gun control and it's flagging every stupid link I try to go on (because apparently "gun" is a badword in a house that readily supports the NRA). He isn't around right now (I'm basically 16 atm, so I don't feel bad uninstall this bulljunk program) so I tried to uninstall it (I have admin access). It won't let me uninstall it because it requires a password for the actual  software to uninstall it... Anyone know how to remove it or bypass the password?

-LukeS

I_M_3rd

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

1 minute ago, LukeS said:

SNIP

You cant.. thats the whole point of the software

We should not be advising you on how to circumvent your parents

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

You cant.. thats the whole point of the software

We should not be advising you on how to circumvent your parents

Well it's either me uninstalling it and having him reinstall it later tonight OR me logging into his other laptop and disable it... Which one would turn out worse for me? ;) that's what I thought

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Alternatively explain to him why you need it removed and have him temporarily disable it so you can finish your project.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 minute ago, LukeS said:

Well it's either me uninstalling it and having him reinstall it later tonight OR me logging into his other laptop and disable it... Which one would turn out worse for me? ;) that's what I thought

or.. do what your dad said

i would disable it and say "sorry dad I had to disable it so I could do my paper on gun control"

Normally these programs have a way for the parent to remotely allow temporary access, so he could access it from work or wherever

Call/text him and ask?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok first, no insult, but stop supporting the nra. please ;)

it might be possible if you take out your boot device connect it to another pc(running his own os) and to delet the files. that might be possible

am hungry

3 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

Ok first, no insult, but stop supporting the nra. please ;)

it might be possible if you take out your boot device connect it to another pc(running his own os) and to delet the files. that might be possible

Whoa, why the hell not? The constitution made the right to own a gun an inalienable right. Liberal's are trying to change the fucking constitution. The NRA's sole purpose is to keep guns legal and accessible to all people. Why on earth would you want to take guns away from citizens? That's just the beginning to an oppressive government. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

starts with a school report, likely story. Next thing you know your parents are gonna walk in on you fappin away to your newly discovered pronz. 

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Whoa, why the hell not? The constitution made the right to own a gun an inalienable right. Liberal's are trying to change the fucking constitution. The NRA's sole purpose is to keep guns legal and accessible to all people. Why on earth would you want to take guns away from citizens? That's just the beginning to an oppressive government. 

I would really like to discuss with you but were not in a political discussion forum and i think i would waste my time, but you can write me a private message if you want and we can discuss if you want :)

am hungry

10 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

in Europe, you are not allowed to have guns, and look at that, they fair a whole lot better in terms of economics, gun violence, deaths, and gangs, i wonder why...

10 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

That is a whole kettle of worms....

you know all the free countries, that are not oppressed that do not have armed citizens, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Australia etc....actually well everywhere except the US really.....

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

That is a whole kettle of worms....

you know all the free countries, that are not oppressed that do not have armed citizens, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Australia etc....actually well everywhere except the US really.....

Good thing you didn't say "can" or "pot" of worms cause it would've blocked the OP out of the thread. :D 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 hours ago, TheV_Machine said:

I would really like to discuss with you but were not in a political discussion forum and i think i would waste my time, but you can write me a private message if you want and we can discuss if you want :)

Alright I will send you a message. Yeah sorry didn't mean to make a political post on a non political forum.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

For the record, defence is a God given right. Where I live, pepperspray is illegal, but concealed carry is legal. 

Kitchen knives are legal, but balisons are illegal. I'd rather be attacked by a balison.

just saying... Make sence rules

1 hour ago, LukeS said:

I am admin though

Open task manager with admin rights, find the program right click press go to details right click on process and press click end process tree i believe its called

or

open elevated cmd and type taskkill /im filename.exe 

filename.exe being the name of the programs executable file 

1 hour ago, LukeS said:

I am admin though

You do know that if you do find a way to disable this program then he will probably just enable it on the router / modem?

That will make it next to impossible to remove, unless if you have physical access to the router / modem.

Then he will just enable it from the ISP which will remove it completely from your house and will become completely impossible to remove.

Just speak to your father when he gets home and ask him to remove "Gun" from the filter list.

You are using his internet, so you should really be playing by his rules.

It's not a race to the bottom.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:03 PM, FirstArmada said:

Open task manager with admin rights, find the program right click press go to details right click on process and press click end process tree i believe its called

or

open elevated cmd and type taskkill /im filename.exe 

filename.exe being the name of the programs executable file 

Ok, thanks!

On 3/9/2016 at 6:16 PM, 0x1e said:

You do know that if you do find a way to disable this program then he will probably just enable it on the router / modem?

That will make it next to impossible to remove, unless if you have physical access to the router / modem.

Then he will just enable it from the ISP which will remove it completely from your house and will become completely impossible to remove.

Just speak to your father when he gets home and ask him to remove "Gun" from the filter list.

You are using his internet, so you should really be playing by his rules.

I planned to do so. I just needed it that week since he was unavaliable.

Thanks guys! I think this is now considered solved