Need advice on SLI+PCIE SSD cpu and motherboard

I currently got two 980 ti's in SLI, and I have a intel 750 PCIE SSD, which won't work together on my current setup as I don't have enough PCIE lanes.

My current setup is z77-gd65 with 3770k cpu, which only runs the SLI and not the SSD, and I can't boot from my PCIE SSD.

I need a new setup with motherboard, preferably with dual gigabit ethernet.

Anyone got any suggestions for current hardware available or should I wait for something in the near future? 

6 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Actually it's not because you don't have enough PCI-E lanes. It's because z77 Boards don't have support for NVMe drives. 

Yeah I know I can't boot from it, but I can still use it if I only use one 980 ti, and two, but then I can't enable SLI.

Just now, SpiiriiT said:

Yeah I know I can't boot from it, but I can still use it if I only use one 980 ti, and two, but then I can't enable SLI.

Well from my experience, my motherboard allows for me to do 8x/8x/4x if I disable my 1x slots and my AsMedia Sata Ports.

But based on this manual I am looking at...the most it can do is 8x/4x/4x...which is unfortunate.

As for recommendations, SkyLake is a thing so you might want to look into that. 

But ask yourself...do you really need SLI? 

Well I already have two 980ti's and 750 SSD so not using them is really not an option, and I'm running triple monitors so I do need SLI.

Skylake only has 16 lanes so it's not an option either unfortunatly.

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

look into AsRock workstation mobos, if I recall it allows you to run 4*8x PCIe

but I think you'll need a Xeon

le: http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=Z77%20WS#Specifications

Only problem with that is z77 is a EOL platform...so trying to finding a specific hardware is pretty hard.

Just now, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Only problem with that is z77 is a EOL platform...so trying to finding a specific hardware is pretty hard.

true ...

doesn't Haswell Refresh offer like 40 something PCIe gen 3 lanes?

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

true ...

doesn't Haswell Refresh offer like 40 something PCIe gen 3 lanes?

If z97....and Haswell Refresh offered that many lanes....I would be golden...but that is only with the X99 platform 

Edit:

Its only x99 with the 5930K and 5960X.

5820K only has 28 lanes

17 minutes ago, SpiiriiT said:

Well I already have two 980ti's and 750 SSD so not using them is really not an option, and I'm running triple monitors so I do need SLI.

Skylake only has 16 lanes so it's not an option either unfortunatly.

Some motherboard have PLX chip that allows for more PCI-e lanes.

Specifically I am looking at the z170 Pro from Asus, which allows for 8x/8x/4x if the extra AsMedia Sata port are disabled. 

And worse case scenario...you can always return the product if it doesn't work for you. 

I'm considering the 5820k, 28 lanes would be enough, but it's almost 2 years old, so I'm wondering how long it would be untill a newer CPU with enough lanes comes out. I can wait if it'll be this year but If not I'll buy the 5820k.

Anyone know anything about the next release from intel?