TIme for a GPU (970/980/other?)

inkyserifs
5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

See that GPU guide in my signature?

It's helpful.

Personally, just get a 970 or a 390.

:) thanks, I'll check that out.

2 minutes ago, inkyserifs said:

Lol well it is tempting to get the shiny new thing the moment it releases, but I don't know how long I can handle running software and games on Intel HD integrated graphics. xD Probably wiser to wait, but I'll probably go insane somewhere along the way.

Ok, I see your problem. Well that is my thought. If you want to get GTX970 please do. Its a good card, nice benchmarks and bang for the buck. If i were you, I would patiently wait for pascal. soon GTX970 is going to be something in the past anyways. Think about it properly~

"Strive to be the best and be the best!"

2 minutes ago, KazuMae said:

Ok, I see your problem. Well that is my thought. If you want to get GTX970 please do. Its a good card, nice benchmarks and bang for the buck. If i were you, I would patiently wait for pascal. soon GTX970 is going to be something in the past anyways. Think about it properly~

Lol thank you for the advice X) All input is much appreciated.

19 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I was going by average framerate at 1080p in the techpowerup test suite of games.

Yeah but those include games that are limited by other factors. Especially at 1080p and current engines. The potential is much more than 14%.

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

Yeah but those include games that are limited by other factors. Especially at 1080p and current engines. The potential is much more than 14%.

I'm actually starting to half consider a lower end card like the 960 or something to get me through the months before pascal and see where it goes from there. I can't decide what's more wasteful, splurging now to hold off an upgrade as long as possible, or skimping now so I can get a head start saving up for new gen.

X) Leaning towards the 970 or the r9 nano actually. That or just waiting. *_*