gta v running out of fucking ram

so easterday i was still able to play gta v no problem 60fps all the time, but today.... windows closes all programs and says no more ram to use. no updates, nothing i have done and this happend. fuck. i have 8GB ram, apparently that isn't enough these days. ffs. and, the worst part is that i have to buy completely new set of ram, i cant get another 2x4GB set of ram, can't find compatible + i think my mobo doesn't support it. FUCK! sorry for raging, but im pissed.

Check the running process as see what is eating up your RAM. It is probably a virus of some sorts. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

7 minutes ago, Analog said:

Check the running process as see what is eating up your RAM. It is probably a virus of some sorts. 

nope nothing un-usual. everything normal

oh btw, which is lower latency, cl9 or cl10?

3 minutes ago, ben dover kid said:

so easterday i was still able to play gta v no problem 60fps all the time, but today.... windows closes all programs and says no more ram to use. no updates, nothing i have done and this happend. fuck. i have 8GB ram, apparently that isn't enough these days. ffs. and, the worst part is that i have to buy completely new set of ram, i cant get another 2x4GB set of ram, can't find compatible + i think my mobo doesn't support it. FUCK! sorry for raging, but im pissed.

GTA V was a great launch, but they didn't build on it.  The engine has been neglected like no ones business.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

8GB is deffinatly enough for GTAV, been playing for months with 8GB. The problem is elsewhere, maybe your ram isn't working correctly or it is a software issue.

Maybe try to running the settings on the lowest possible. I know you haven't needed to before but if its still coming up u need more RAM then there could be a problem with your Ram installed

Just now, Vespid said:

8GB is deffinatly enough for GTAV, been playing for months with 8GB. The problem is elsewhere, maybe your ram isn't working correctly or it is a software issue.

nothing has happend. easterday worked fine. gta v just eats more ram, i looked at it eating thru it like google chrome until my pc shut down. which ram is lower latency. CL9 or CL10?

4 minutes ago, ben dover kid said:

nothing has happend. easterday worked fine. gta v just eats more ram, i looked at it eating thru it like google chrome until my pc shut down. which ram is lower latency. CL9 or CL10?

CL9

R9 5900X | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | ASUS Crosshair VIII DarkHero | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 | 2x 1TB WD Black SN850 | Lian Li O11D-XL | Corsair AX1200i

23 hours ago, ben dover kid said:

CL9, but it doesn't really matter in this case. On my PC GTA V eats up around 3-4GB of RAM so I really don't know how it can max out your 8GB. If nothing helps and there are no viruses, perhaps it is time for a clean Windows install, that always helps. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Sounds like a meeeeeeeemmmmmmoooooooorrrrrryyyyy llllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaakkkkk

:D

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Are you using onboard or dedicated graphics?

I'm running GTA V on 8GB memory with an Athlon 5350 Quadcore, the only issue I have is an occassional memory reference error. I still don't max out my RAM even though i'm using onboard graphics.

ARe you sure you don't have a memory leak?

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Just now, UnbrokenMotion said:

Are you using onboard or dedicated graphics?

I'm running GTA V on 8GB memory with an Athlon 5350 Quadcore, the only issue I have is an occassional memory reference error.

ARe you sure you don't have a memory leak?

well what could have happened in order for that to happen? i havent modded that, also i havent updated that. that same goddamn version has worked fine, now all the sudden not. i just watch task manager when gta v eats all my ram up to the point that my pc literally freezes

Just now, ben dover kid said:

well what could have happened in order for that to happen? i havent modded that, also i havent updated that. that same goddamn version has worked fine, now all the sudden not. i just watch task manager when gta v eats all my ram up to the point that my pc literally freezes

Are you playing storymode or multiplayer? Is there anything new that you've been doing in the game that you haven't done before? 

Are you playing storymode or multiplayer? Is there anything new that you've been doing in the game that you haven't done before? 

nothing new, storymode.

nothing new, storymode.

How far you you? The only thing I can think of is that something you're doing in the game is triggering the memory leak, or there may be an issue with your graphics drivers.

How far you you? The only thing I can think of is that something you're doing in the game is triggering the memory leak, or there may be an issue with your graphics drivers.

graphics drivers are up to date, im pretty early on(playing it thru again). + it eats all the ram when im launching the game. when the fullscreen window pops up. 

graphics drivers are up to date, im pretty early on(playing it thru again). + it eats all the ram when im launching the game. when the fullscreen window pops up. 

I can only guess it's a problem with your drivers then. I'd still see if anyone else has any other opinions on what may be going wrong though.

5 minutes ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

I can only guess it's a problem with your drivers then. I'd still see if anyone else has any other opinions on what may be going wrong though.

apparently, adding about 8GB of virtual memory seems to work, so gta v goes to pagefile. so this is all because of goddamn samsung magician "optimizing" os for ssd, changing my pagefiles. well, since it uses so much ram that it needs considerable amount of pagefile, and since people reporting online that gta v can actually use alot of ram, can this mean that i need more ram?