Windows 10 Home vs. Pro (Gaming)

So I want to know if Windows 10 pro has any particular advantages over Windows 10 home for gaming. I haven't been able to really find much on this subject, and I wanted to know since Windows 10 Home retail version is only $10 more than the OEM version of Windows 10 pro.

home will be lighter for lower grade systems but pro has more features,take your pick based on your rig

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, WildHobbits said:

So I want to know if Windows 10 pro has any particular advantages over Windows 10 home for gaming. I haven't been able to really find much on this subject, and I wanted to know since Windows 10 Home retail version is only $10 more than the OEM version of Windows 10 pro.

Well, there is only one thing I can think of which is so minor it doesn't really count in my eyes. With Pro you have more of an ability to control of what is running in the background when it comes to privacy. Which (not really in a significant way) could free up 0.0001% of your CPU usage. Honestly to my knowledge I do not think there is any real benefit for getting Windows 10 Pro to game. However Windows 10 Pro does have advantages to the free version of Windows 10 which you can easily google and find.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Well, there is only one thing I can think of which is so minor it doesn't really count in my eyes. With Pro you have more of an ability to control of what is running in the background when it comes to privacy. Which (not really in a significant way) could free up 0.0001% of your CPU usage. Honestly to my knowledge I do not think there is any real benefit for getting Windows 10 Pro to game. However Windows 10 Pro does have advantages to the free version of Windows 10 which you can easily google and find.

Does someone know the difference between both of these version and Windows 10 enterprise? I've got enterprise since my father works for CGI and it was free, might as well save a few bucks right.

no point in buying pro unless you need business features such as remote desktop control hosting and other stuff completely irrelevant to gaming

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

Does someone know the difference between both of these version and Windows 10 enterprise? I've got enterprise since my father works for CGI and it was free, might as well save a few bucks right.

It is just Windows 10 Pro. The difference I believe (don't quote me on this) is that Enterprise is used by businesses and schools to where they can mass purchase windows for a discounted price.

Just now, Enderman said:

no point in buying pro unless you need business features such as remote desktop control hosting and other stuff completely irrelevant to gaming

And even if you need remote desktop, I use chrome remote desktop, it's free- and is awesome!

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

And even if you need remote desktop, I use chrome remote desktop, it's free- and is awesome!

This post was sponsored and paid for by Alphabet Inc.

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

This post was sponsored and paid for by Alphabet Inc.

If something is great I'll praise it- Chrome Remote desktop just so happens to be great.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

If something is great I'll praise it- Chrome Remote desktop just so happens to be great.

Oh no I agree with you 100%. I use it myself. I was just cracking a joke.

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Oh no I agree with you 100%. I use it myself. I was just cracking a joke.

lol, gotcha. Google, give us free stuff!

3 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

lol, gotcha. Google, give us free stuff!

Yeah, it's ability to connect to my desktop without having to be on the same WiFi or mess with router settings sold it for me.

Just now, Orangeator said:

Yeah, it's ability to connect to my desktop without having to be on the same WiFi or mess with router settings sold it for me.

Same here.

11 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I only started using it this year but its extremely convenient, especially when theres a file I need at school which is on my PC (with 5TB of storage, while my laptop only has 128GB)

or when I need to help some relatives with software on their computers, as long as I have previously logged in to chrome and set up remote desktop on the pc/laptop

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

I only started using it this year but its extremely convenient, especially when theres a file I need at school which is on my PC (with 5TB of storage, while my laptop only has 128GB)

or when I need to help some relatives with software on their computers, as long as I have previously logged in to chrome and set up remote desktop on the pc/laptop

Yup, same situation with school stuff- except I've got a 240GB SSD :P

Home and Pro will get you identical performance. The OSs are the same file size as well, and consume the same amount of memory.

What you gain with Pro is:

-> Ability to differ upgrade to manually download install them at your own time, up to 3 month delay.

-> Remote desktop, which is actually good, with GPU acceleration support, so technically you can game via remote desktop (Windows 8+ needed on both sides)

-> Group Policy

-> Joining a domain

-> Hyper-V VM

-> and other business related features for when you join a domain

That is all. That is why the price difference isn't big between the 2 editions.