Controller disconnects, lost controller over mouse and constant beeping.

Hello,

I was playing Rocket League on my PC when suddenly my Xbox One controller disconnected from my PC and wouldn't reconnect. It also caused me to lose control over my mouse and make a really loud beeping noise whenever i tried to move it. Anyone know how to fix this?

You probably need to reset the controller and/or any software you have for it and restart the PC. As for the beeping, is it coming from the mouse, controller or your computer?

8 minutes ago, Kazito said:

Hello,

I was playing Rocket League on my PC when suddenly my Xbox One controller disconnected from my PC and wouldn't reconnect. It also caused me to lose control over my mouse and make a really loud beeping noise whenever i tried to move it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Spork829 said:

You probably need to reset the controller and/or any software you have for it and restart the PC. As for the beeping, is it coming from the mouse, controller or your computer?

The beeping happens whenever i start moving my mouse. I can hear it through my headset.

Okay. Disconnect the mouse from the PC, restart it, then plug the mouse back in. If it keeps happening I would call the mouse manufacturer. What mouse is it (if you know)?

Just now, Spork829 said:

Okay. Disconnect the mouse from the PC, restart it, then plug the mouse back in. If it keeps happening I would call the mouse manufacturer. What mouse is it (if you know)?

I dont think its the mouse, I think there's something going on with the controller when it disconnects. It causes my mouse to stop working.

3 minutes ago, Kazito said:

I dont think its the mouse, I think there's something going on with the controller when it disconnects. It causes my mouse to stop working.

Regardless of that, if you restart your computer it will disconnect the controller also so you can see if that's the problem. The beeping makes me think that your computer is freaking out because both devices are trying to input at once, restarting will clear both of them.

Just now, Spork829 said:

Regardless of that, if you restart your computer it will disconnect the controller also so you can see if that's the problem. The beeping makes me think that your computer is freaking out because both devices are trying to input at once, restarting will clear both of them.

I've already restarted it. Nothing seemed to have changed. The controller still disconnects at random and causes a random beeping noise :/ 

1 minute ago, Kazito said:

I've already restarted it. Nothing seemed to have changed. The controller still disconnects at random and causes a random beeping noise :/ 

Honestly never used any controller with a PC so I wouldn't know too much beyond that. Try switching to a different controller if you have another, and maybe also unplugging your mouse while the controller's connected. Might be even as simple as low battery in the controller.

I have seen countless reports of this issue in the last few days, and even experienced somewhat similar issues myself. Remove the two most recent Windows updates (KB3140743 + KB3139907) and see if that solves your problem.

i7-5820K | GTX 980 Ti

I have exactly the same issue right now, I do however the random disconnects are a different issue. 

My issue is this, Playing Rocket League on the Xbone controller using the Wireless dongle (Haven't tried Wired) and when I quit and turn my Xbone controller off, Anything I do on my mouse cause the beeping through my headset. A standard windows restart doesn't work for me after this happens. It just hangs on Restarting. A hard restart fixes it, But rendering and game using the Xbone controller useless. 

At first I thought it was a hardware problem. Turns out it wasn't. Kodiack do you have any sources for them updates causing issues, I'd like to do some research, Which this sounds correct, Since this has only recently started happening. 

On 3/4/2016 at 10:17 AM, MrWhitby said:

Update, Seems unistalling KB3140743, fixed the issue right away. Give that a try. 

This worked for me. I had the exact same problem that everyone is having here and as soon as I uninstalled it, everything started working again

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

I had this problem too since 2 or 3 weeks and the only solution that I found was this workaround from a Reddit user which worked for me.

Obviously there is a big issue with the KB3140743... I hope that Microsoft will patch it quickly !