Water Cooling Noob

I am interested in making a custom water loop for my system. My case is a Corsair 200r. It is a mid-tower so space it limited. My current cooler is a Corsair H55 and it works great but I've always dreamed of doing my own custom loop because I'm a very DIY sort of person. I don't have a lot of experience and knowledge in custom water cooling components so I'm not sure what I should get. I recently checked out EK's new custom water cooling kit. It has everything I need to start my own loop. Downside is that it doesn't have a gpu water block. Thoughts? 

ekwb.com/configurator

Use this to find the GPU block.

I noticed that on the 200r, the space for a radiator on top is nearly nonexistent, as the mobo is squished so close to the top. I actually had to mod my case in order to fit an h100i in it.

My native language is C++

watch singularitycomputers on youtube

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

And feel free to post here if you have questions. Or my lonely and unused PM box. Any specific questions?

Thoughts: Not a huge fan of EK's design sense, so I'm more of an XSPC guy, but EK is pretty much best ATM. I prefer to get parts individually b/c most kits lock you into a DDC instead of D5 pump, and d5 pump kits usually require premium other components. Plus they often do pump/res combos while I prefer just pumps. Also a lot of cheap ones use a bay res.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 hour ago, l_zheng101 said:

I am interested in making a custom water loop for my system. My case is a Corsair 200r. It is a mid-tower so space it limited. My current cooler is a Corsair H55 and it works great but I've always dreamed of doing my own custom loop because I'm a very DIY sort of person. I don't have a lot of experience and knowledge in custom water cooling components so I'm not sure what I should get. I recently checked out EK's new custom water cooling kit. It has everything I need to start my own loop. Downside is that it doesn't have a gpu water block. Thoughts? 

I have recommended the kits to people who are worried about the which parts to get, but honestly once you pick your tube size everything just falls into place and it's easy to pick out the fittings, disconnects, etc.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

7 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I have recommended the kits to people who are worried about the which parts to get, but honestly once you pick your tube size everything just falls into place and it's easy to pick out the fittings, disconnects, etc.

I'm planning to cool my cpu and gpu (1 block each, duh), how many fittings would I need?

9 hours ago, Kyle Manning said:

I noticed that on the 200r, the space for a radiator on top is nearly nonexistent, as the mobo is squished so close to the top. I actually had to mod my case in order to fit an h100i in it.

My previous H55 mounted its single 120mm radiator in the back with no issues. I like having air being taken in from the front and back and having it exhausted from the top because due to physics, hot air naturally flows up. I plan to use a single rad for a custom loop any way because the the H55 worked with my i5 6600k (oc to 4.5) just fine.

8 hours ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

And feel free to post here if you have questions. Or my lonely and unused PM box. Any specific questions?

Thoughts: Not a huge fan of EK's design sense, so I'm more of an XSPC guy, but EK is pretty much best ATM. I prefer to get parts individually b/c most kits lock you into a DDC instead of D5 pump, and d5 pump kits usually require premium other components. Plus they often do pump/res combos while I prefer just pumps. Also a lot of cheap ones use a bay res.

I have heard a lot of positive feed back about the D5 pump. What makes it so popular among enthusiasts? 

11 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

I'm planning to cool my cpu and gpu (1 block each, duh), how many fittings would I need?

2 for each radiator

2 for the GPU block

2 for the CPU block

2 for the pump/reservoir

+2 if you don't get a pump+res combo unit

+2 for each quick disconnect

So 8 minimum, and the Sky's the limit for the maximum. I'd recommend getting a 10 pack, it'll save you some skrilla and it's always good to have an extra fitting or two.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

14 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

I have heard a lot of positive feed back about the D5 pump. What makes it so popular among enthusiasts? 

It's quiet. Well, it also cools itself with the liquid flowing through it, so no need for a heatsink which is nice, but mainly the quiet thing without really sacrificing performance. 

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Just now, Ryoutarou97 said:

It's quiet. Well, it also cools itself with the liquid flowing through it, so no need for a heatsink which is nice, but mainly the quiet thing without really sacrificing performance. 

Oh wow, that's awesome. 

32 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

Oh wow, that's awesome. 

Yeah. IMO it's totally worth paying extra for a controllable one because you can get the pump pretty much silent. And they're like $10 more tops. MCP655 for me.