Running 4 70inch TVs

TwoTeethGames

For gaming?

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

Just curious...what TVs run at 1440p?

Also you'd be looking at dual or triple 980ti cards for triple 1440p let alone 4 displays

The physical size of the TV doesn't matter. Neither does the fact that it's a TV. What you're best asking is which graphics cards can support 4 monitors at 2560x1440.

And that's just displaying them.

As above, do you want to play games on all of them at once?

Also what TVs do you have that are 2560x1440? That's not a regular size.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Any modern GPU capable of 4 outputs can run 4x 1440p TVs, but for gaming you'll need quite a lot of horses, think SLI 980Ti / xf R9 390x.

The physical size makes no difference to the GPU, whether your 1440p screen is 1inch or 1000inches, it's still gotta send signals to the same amount of pixels.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

14 minutes ago, squirrl said:

The physical size of the TV doesn't matter. Neither does the fact that it's a TV. What you're best asking is which graphics cards can support 4 monitors at 2560x1440.

And that's just displaying them.

As above, do you want to play games on all of them at once?

Also what TVs do you have that are 2560x1440? That's not a regular size.

The only difference that TVs make is that it you have a lot of post processing (and therefore 'lag') on TVs compared to monitors.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Sorry, dont know the res but whatever

So is it dual or triple 980ti?

,Can you give us more details ? 

Why need to understand what is your intention of going this way, as for surround gaming you need 3 monitors and not 4. and if you intend to game on 3 monitors with surround than we would need to know the resolution, as 3 UHD (3840X2160) each display is a total of 11,520 X 2,160 which no SLI setup would run at any half decent framerate. 

1 hour ago, TwoTeethGames said:

If you don't know the resolution or what you're using it for we can't give you a good idea of the best cards.

if it's 4x1280x720 then you'll even be fine with less than a 780 for gaming. if it's 1920x1080 you're looking at stuff that can push 4k.

That's for gaming on all screens at once. Anything else and you're fine with any GPU with 4 ports that can handle the max resolution on each.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

6 hours ago, TwoTeethGames said:

You do know the res.  It's 1440p - as stated in YOUR original post.  

Laziness is the source of most shit questions on this forum.  Why bother having to log in and type a decently formatted question?

Here's an exercise on how to use google:

Step 1.a:

1) navigate to www.google.com

2) type in 1440p

3) answer is shouting at you from screen

Step 1.b:

1) repeat step 1) from 1.a.

2) type multi display 1440p gaming

3) repeat step 3) from 1.a

I genuinely think this post should be a sticky on LTT...

7 hours ago, ShadyHost said:

Just curious...what TVs run at 1440p?

Also you'd be looking at dual or triple 980ti cards for triple 1440p let alone 4 displays

At this stage though would you not be venturing into the realm of Titan X?  Based on the relatively low RAM on the ti (6GB isn't it?) and that ram cannot be used independently of each card?

Off the top of my head if you were to be gaming on 4 x 1440p monitors you'd need 3 titan x's at least.

the fact that you're able to run 4 70 inch tvs tells me that you're also running an industry, richie rich

/jelousy

In all seriousness, the Titan Z can't run triple 4K monitors in favorable conditions so you'll probably need *super* high-end GPUs SLIed.

Well, I guess maybe not the absolute best-of-the-best as it IS 1440p.

1 hour ago, KingKonchu said:

the fact that you're able to run 4 70 inch tvs tells me that you're also running an industry, richie rich

/jelousy

In all seriousness, the Titan Z can't run triple 4K monitors in favorable conditions so you'll probably need *super* high-end GPUs SLIed.

The 980ti core is a bit faster than the Titan X. I also think the memory speed is a little faster as well. I guess it would really depend what game or application this guy plans to run. If it's something that can utilize as much as 12gb then yeah, the Titan X would be better. 

Basically any card that can run quad 1440p displays.

Speaking about performance, just read benchmarks. I'd personally go with 980tis or TitanXs in sli, OR fury X's in xfire. It depends on the game you want to play.

########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
#######################

you have been visited by ascii stephen harper the pc builder

nothing bad will happen to you unless if you post "ignfdofsginedsoignoifdn" in this thread

why? because you'll be banned for spam

lol

9 minutes ago, AIJ said:

Basically any card that can run quad 1440p displays.

Speaking about performance, just read benchmarks. I'd personally go with 980tis or TitanXs in sli, OR fury X's in xfire. It depends on the game you want to play.

and also the size of your wallet xD

I think anyone going for a setup this insane is probably on a very loose budget

It does worry me that this guy doesn't know what 1440p is....and why on earth he wants 4 displays instead of 3....and why they have to be 70inch.

41 minutes ago, ShadyHost said:

The 980ti core is a bit faster than the Titan X. I also think the memory speed is a little faster as well. I guess it would really depend what game or application this guy plans to run. If it's something that can utilize as much as 12gb then yeah, the Titan X would be better. 

*Titan Z!

It's new :3

It's friggin pricey too

3 hours ago, David_K said:

Why need to understand what is your intention of going this way, as for surround gaming you need 3 monitors and not 4. and if you intend to game on 3 monitors with surround than we would need to know the resolution, as 3 UHD (3840X2160) each display is a total of 11,520 X 2,160 which no SLI setup would run at any half decent framerate. 

That's definetly not true as I have triple 4k screens and yes I have 3 titan x's and can still push 60 fps on most games a 4th would allow me to run games even better but then I end of with microstutter as I think there are few videos of people doing it.

And at what settings is that ? 60FPS everything ? do you run everything ultra with minimum FPS of 60 ? 

Looking at 2 of these titans doing these :

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/78/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-sli-4k-surround-6480x3840/index.html

so you need the 3rd just to break 60FPS on medium and lower settings? and that Minimum FPS, Just WOW. 

43 minutes ago, David_K said:

And at what settings is that ? 60FPS everything ? do you run everything ultra with minimum FPS of 60 ? 

Looking at 2 of these titans doing these :

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/78/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-sli-4k-surround-6480x3840/index.html

so you need the 3rd just to break 60FPS on medium and lower settings? and that Minimum FPS, Just WOW. 

That's a good graph from tweaktown except a few small hiccups your not accounting for in there graphs.  They are running on presets in each game and running those presets adds different amounts of AA which take gpu power away which at 4K is not necessary like at 1080p etc.   Also just because I run some games on medium settings does not mean it does not look better then lower resolution screens on ultra.  Which if you had a 4k screen you would have realized.  If we compare to my buddies 1440p on ultra you can not notice a difference almost in the two that one is on ultra and one is on medium.   Now the games that are mentioned there are new AAA titles and some older stuff runs well on triple 4k screens maxed out.   I am not sitting here running Shadow of Mordor or anything on triple screens with HD content installed but its nice to have for certain games and I use it rarely now as it just makes me sick after awhile.   So while your comments are nice there are a few in the pc world who do run triple 4k screens and enjoy it.

1 hour ago, KingKonchu said:

*Titan Z!

It's new :3

It's friggin pricey too

The Titan Z is kinda old at this point. IIRC it's two original Titan chips on a single card. 

70" HDTV with a resolutin of 2560X1440 don't seem to exist. Only 1920x1080 or 4K.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, ShadyHost said:

The Titan Z is kinda old at this point. IIRC it's two original Titan chips on a single card. 

*shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

11 hours ago, David_K said:

Its to run a slideshow of pics

That's why I have asked you, you don't need any of the super expensive gpu's that were talked about, just something that can output the needed. 

Do you intend to tile them To get 2X2 ? Also the resolution(as you are not sure its 1440) and supported display inputs of the monitors would help in recommending a GPU.