is ram affecting watercooling temperatures?

Hello,

I injured my hand and its gonna be a few months to fully heal so i decided to go ahead and just buy a pre built pc from ibuypower.. i paid $1,750 after tax here are specs.

i7 5820k Intel Cooled with ibuypower Custom CPU water Cooler.

16 gb of DDR4 Ram

228 gb SSD + 500 GB SamSung SSD + 1 TB Western Digital HDD ( I upgraded hard drives since it came with only 120 gb SSD)

MSI Nvidia? 980 GTX 4 GB

X99 SLI Plus MSI Motherboard

Now.. my problem lol or no problem? My CPU idles around 40-41 c, and maybe 37C in a very cool room environment.

Shouldn't it be idling around 25-29 C?

Now.... I noticed when i got the PC the Ram is literally next to the radiator, and so close the fan that cools the radiator is touching the ram... here is the picture. tuVWEBM.jpg

is this causing the radiator to run hotter and not cool the cpu as well or it doesn't matter whether the ram is that close to the radiator or not.....and doesn't impact CPU temps?

I wan;'t to move the ram to other side of mobo since it has 8 ram slots and i will only use 4 at MOST ever! Ibuypower tells me if i break anything inside it voids warranty WTF? There saying it will take 3 -5 days just to move the ram cause of RMA Que but i live only 30 minutes from them, and they should honestly fix it ASAP if i show up with the pc since some moron put the pc together......

On Newegg's site the ram is situated on the opposite side of the motherboard.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227625

Basically my question is the ram being so close and close to radiator affecting my CPU temps and will moving it to opposite side of motherboard even make a difference? Is it worth all the trouble of sending it in to ibuypower for a week?

The ram is sitting at 35-36 c right now at Idle..

bUNZs8n.png

No.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I don't think ram would get hot enough to make a dent in cpu temps.

That being said this is one of those times that makes me hate prebuilts. The reason you have 8 ram slots is because your mobo has quad channel ram. It should be filling up all of those slots to get the best performance.

Your CPU temp will never be lower than your room temp. Unless you have liquid nitrogen.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Now that I look at it, I notice that your CPU temps are probably so high because it's just a 120/140mm rad.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Also if i had to guess I'd say some idiot from ibuypower didn't mount the cooler right but i don't know what kind of temps those cpus normaly run at.

Those temps are pretty standard you might want to look at your full load temps... 

2 minutes ago, calieburger said:

Those temps are pretty standard you might want to look at your full load temps... 

thx. Even being water cooled? Is it safe to overlcock if it idles so high? Ive only seen it go to 60 C and thats when im playing Prepar3d.. its basically Flight SImulator X its made off same code but has been updated by lockheed martin, and that game uses ALOT of cpu/

1 minute ago, HomieOC1 said:

thx. Even being water cooled? Is it safe to overlcock if it idles so high? Ive only seen it go to 60 C and thats when im playing Prepar3d.. its basically Flight SImulator X its made off same code but has been updated by lockheed martin, and that game uses ALOT of cpu/

I believe anything under 80 at full load is safe.

is 40 c at idle good though? It seems high for being watercooling

39 minutes ago, HomieOC1 said:

is 40 c at idle good though? It seems high for being watercooling

It isn't fantastic, but looking at core temps in the pic you provided they are good, anyway idle temps aren't the best measurement as your computer is constantly changing what its doing at 'idle' where as if you have it under max load (Like running the stress test in Intel Xtreme tuning utility) then it can't do any more work.

But to answer your thread question, no, your RAM won't make any noticeable difference to your CPU temps as they are 'cool' running components to start with. 

5820K has six cores. It does pump out more heat than four core mainstream CPUs. I have 2x240mm rad in my system. With 4790K(4.7GHz), the idle temp is usually 5-6C above room temp. While the 5820K(4.5GHz) will be ~10C above room temp. Giving you only have a 120mm rad. I'd say the temp seems normal.

2 hours ago, Deli said:

5820K has six cores. It does pump out more heat than four core mainstream CPUs. I have 2x240mm rad in my system. With 4790K(4.7GHz), the idle temp is usually 5-6C above room temp. While the 5820K(4.5GHz) will be ~10C above room temp. Giving you only have a 120mm rad. I'd say the temp seems normal.

5820k is 3.3 ghz not 4.5 endless it;s overclocked.

1 hour ago, HomieOC1 said:

5820k is 3.3 ghz not 4.5 endless it;s overclocked.

When idling, stock vs overclocked temp is 2-3C difference only.

Look at the core temperature, not the package. My CPU also idling at 31-32C. Similar to yours.

18 minutes ago, Deli said:

When idling, stock vs overclocked temp is 2-3C difference only.

Look at the core temperature, not the package. My CPU also idling at 31-32C. Similar to yours.

whats the difference between core temps and package temps? Thanks Deli :D

1 hour ago, HomieOC1 said:

whats the difference between core temps and package temps? Thanks Deli :D

I'm not sure the package temp is the IHS or the socket temp. Anyway, what matter most is how hot the cores are.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

I'm not sure the package temp is the IHS or the socket temp. Anyway, what matter most is how hot the cores are.

THEN MY CPU IS RUNNING VERY GOOD!!!!! It runs around 29-35 c for core temps

THANKS DELI!!