Game Server?

DashAki

Hello guys, i have 80+ PCs and i have about 30 of them using Steam, I thought i would Share Steam games folders on my Server and map drives on the PCs to access the games, will the Pcs able to play the games?

Wtf?!

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Wtf?!

hahaahah what happened? was it too stupid? can u explain why? :D

5 minutes ago, DashAki said:

Hello guys, i have 80+ PCs and i have about 30 of them using Steam, I thought i would Share Steam games folders on my Server and map drives on the PCs to access the games, will the Pcs able to play the games?

I'd reckon you could, but it would be slow and impractical. and steam might not work due to the number of different machines accesing the files.

3 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

I'd reckon you could, but it would be slow and impractical. and steam might not work due to the number of different machines accesing the files.

Oh ok, so how many clients can steam handle accessing the games? so that i would divide and share u know..... :D

12 minutes ago, DashAki said:

Oh ok, so how many clients can steam handle accessing the games? so that i would divide and share u know..... :D

Not sure, never had 80+ PC's.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I think you need a dedicated game server.. or 2.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I have a gaming center, that's why i am asking, and if i can have my two servers share the game, then i am able to do these right?

Wait. Are you....

1. Installing the game but using 80+ different Steam Accounts, but they can all use the same installation (but verified with each respective account) so that you don't have to install the game with whatever method however many times.
  2. Installing the game once to share across the network on the same Steam account?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Well not exactly....... I thought just share the steam game folder and map it to drives on the PCs and when i install steam on the PCs i would just give the destination, i am doing this because all the Pcs have to update Dota2 individually, i want the server to update the DOTA 2 and pcs to access it, so there won't be any conflict about accounts right?

I'll try to simplify what I'm saying.

If you go ahead and map these drives and have every single PC on this network use the same installation of a single game all at once, not only will loading times be horrific, but each individual computer will have to be on a seperate Steam account, otherwise Steam will throw up errors because it only allows you to be signed in and playing one game at a time off the same account.

If you don't mind horrific load times and have each computer on a seperate Steam account, you're fine. If DOTA ever needs an update, just turn one of the computers on, let it update, and all the other systems should report that every file in this mapped drive is verified and therefore can run the updated game.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Every computer will sign in with different accounts because it is a gaming center, and people have their own account but i don't want lag, so u r suggesting to have one pc with the installation between few computers? like one in 10 or 20?