New case on kickstarter = awesome :-)

JYoung

Found a new case on kick starter thought everyone might like to see.

Been a while since I seen a nice looking wall mount case available :-)

https://feros.us/

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i fail to see the need for this...

For people who suck at modding and/or don't want to mod. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, manikyath said:

i fail to see the need for this...

Are most cases/extras needed?(leds, colored fans, colored cables, windows, etc)

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, RedWulf said:

Are most cases/extras needed?(leds, colored fans, colored cables, windows, etc)

i'll word differently: i fail to see the need for this if its not ridiculously cheap.

I like the concept of it and all, but I don't see the point. I think it's for people who are too lazy to make their own or for those who do not possess the skills needed to make it.

I think buying a wall mount case just takes all the fun out of the whole process.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'll word differently: i fail to see the need for this if its not ridiculously cheap.

Well I'm hoping the high costs are because it's somewhat new and the "veteran owned business" . Aside from that I guess professional environments and spoiled kids with more money than skill. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, RedWulf said:

Well I'm hoping the high costs are because it's somewhat new and the "veteran owned business" . Aside from that I guess professional environments and spoiled kids with more money than skill. 

well, if you have a cnc shop near you, thats a €50 sheet of metal.

or about two kegs of beer on a hot summer day :P

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

I agree...I fail to see the point...I'd rather have mine in a proper case

3 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

I like the concept of it and all, but I don't see the point. I think it's for people who are too lazy to make their own or for those who do not possess the skills needed to make it.

I think buying a wall mount case just takes all the fun out of the whole process.

I agree, though that concept of "big companies doing the hard work for you" is becoming a thing to all parts of a PC. Great example: CableMod 

Most companies trying to get of the ground don't have the luxury of throwing millions into production equipment to lower cost of the units.

I am excited about it not for the concept of modding.

If I was, I'd just fashion one myself in the shop.

I just like the clean easy access solid layout that I can think of a thousand different ways to apply than just hanging on a wall.

224$ FOR A PEICE OF PRESS FOLDED STEEL ? IM SORRY BUT THAT IS OVERPRICED

(if you don't know, press folding is basically a machine that pounds on a sheet, it takes like 5 seconds and 2-3 presses for the shape to be cut and formed.)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, BrandonTheCat said:

I agree, though that concept of "big companies doing the hard work for you" is becoming a thing to all parts of a PC. Great example: CableMod 

I will gladly give CableMod my money since I don't want to fuck my fingers anymore than what I have braiding cables. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I like the concept but I don't think I would be comfortable with an open PC.

-KuJoe

Meh, I like the design thou, I want to get a couple and stick them on sliding rails in a locking server cabinet.

Not concerned about the money and don't have the spare time atm to justify trying to fab my own.

When I only have carpentry skills and industrial mechanic skills under my belt.

No tool & dye or sheet metal working skills, I think id spend more on bandaids that what the case would cost.

I know I can do the same with plywood and acrylic but sometimes I want nice things too.