Help me with picking out a loop

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
13 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

Awesome. I sincerely thank you for your help thus far, I would be lost without it :) 

Going to buy it tomorrow morning, does it look good to order? I have a kill coil coming in from amazon to deal with growth in the loop, and PWM splitters as well. And obviously I will get a GPU with a block soon :P

That all looks about good I would go for the Mayhems coolant if you can they make some good stuff, not too sure about the pastel series from XSPC yet since they are somewhat new still.

One very important thing is to not use a silver kill coil in this loop, the premixed stuff will take care of everything, the reason being that the lian li block you have is nickel plated, nickel and silver are borderline dis-similar metals in a loop environment which can potentially cause issues with the nickel plating. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Lower FPI and thinner rads give a bit more silence than higher ones but less cooling perform than say the ones you have selected as long as the fans are well pressure optimized they will be able to do a fairly good job even when idle.

Ok, is 16 FPI really that high? My old 360 AiO from thermaltake had 24 FPI and with the S12A it was quiet even to my standards 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

4 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

Ok, is 16 FPI really that high? My old 360 AiO from thermaltake had 24 FPI and with the S12A it was quiet even to my standards 

16 isn't super high, if it's the double folded type then it's higher but still not crazy dense like some AIO's which are like a single folded 30FPI. Ideally a better pressure optimized fan would perform better and be able to push that air through the fin array easily.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2016 at 1:06 PM, W-L said:

16 isn't super high, if it's the double folded type then it's higher but still not crazy dense like some AIO's which are like a single folded 30FPI. Ideally a better pressure optimized fan would perform better and be able to push that air through the fin array easily.

Just saw your post about mixing metals, and I just picked up this rad for my loop

Would it be fine? http://www.xs-pc.com/radiators-ex-series/ex240-dual-fan-radiator

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

24 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Just saw your post about mixing metals, and I just picked up this rad for my loop

Would it be fine? http://www.xs-pc.com/radiators-ex-series/ex240-dual-fan-radiator

That wouldn't be a problem since that is a copper and brass rad, which are both very compatible including the nickel in the loop, only thing with nickel is to not use a silver coil but instead a biocide or premix.