DayZ

Knaj

Okay, so I see the complete edition of Arma II is on sale on steam for $8.

I would get to to play DayZ, but I don't know how to install DayZ after getting the bundle.

I've seen so many different ways, can somebody show me the official way of doing it, or at least the most popular so I can play on servers?

2 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Okay, so I see the complete edition of Arma II is on sale on steam for $8.

I would get to to play DayZ, but I don't know how to install DayZ after getting the bundle.

I've seen so many different ways, can somebody show me the official way of doing it, or at least the most popular so I can play on servers?

There's no "official" way of doing it. 

The easiest though is using "dayz Commander"

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

There is DayZ mod client for download on Steam. Once you get Arma II you will be able to install DayZ Mod.

ms0wcfT.jpg

14 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Most DayZ servers for ARMA 2 will be either on CCG launcher or DayZ launcher. When you try to join a server it will automatically start downloading the mods or the map you need to play whatever server you're trying to join.

DayZ: http://dayzlauncher.com/

CCG: http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/forum/48-ccg-launcher/

Also you need the DLC for ARMA 2 to play most DayZ servers. You only need Operation Arrowhead. 

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

There is DayZ mod client for download on Steam. Once you get Arma II you will be able to install DayZ Mod.

You don't need that to play any DayZ servers, I believe it's for the original 2012 mod.

10 minutes ago, Atmos said:

There's no "official" way of doing it. 

The easiest though is using "dayz Commander"

Pretty sure DayZ Commander doesn't exist anymore

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

2 minutes ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

You don't need that to play any DayZ servers, I believe it's for the original 2012 mod.

Pretty sure DayZ Commander doesn't exist anymore

Last update was about a year ago, still works for most versions from what i know, not much has changed in dayz since then, save on ccg servers, but for those you need their client anyway.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||