Searching for perfect Monitor

DerHerbsti

Hey Guys !

This is the first topic I´m writing on the LinusTechTips forum because I have a problem regarding a new monitor and I hope some of you cane help me.

I have a quite expensiove rig including a xeon e3 1231v3 and a gtx 970. But I thought to myself: why should I play on a 1920x1080 60 Hertz Benq monitor with such components ?
So I looked for a fitting monitor. I wanted at least 144hz and maybe even 1440p.But then I stumbled across G-sync but i figured that it would take the cost of the monitor into the space.

But then I made a different plan. I wanted to sell my GTX 970 and buy a R9 390 so that i can use Freesync without wasting too much money. The next problem was to choose a right monitor for the R9 390.

I read hundreds of articles in forums, watched youtube videos about it and so on. Some people say you can play 1440p with a 390 very well others say stick with a 1080p monitor so I didn´t know what to do.
But I know that I want 1-2 ms response time, a wide range of freesync. Also I play a lot of first person shooters but also rpgs like The Witcher 3, or Skyrim. So I need a monitor that has the specs which a R9 390 can handle at good fps. 

I´m going slightly more towards 1440p, but correct me if i shouldn´t.

My favorite Monitors that I found are:

1440p:

Asus MG278Q

Acer Predator XG270HU

1080p Widesreen

LG 29UM67-P

Edit: I make gaming videos on youtube, so recording in this format could be difficult.

1080p

AOC G2460PF
Acer XF240Hbmjdpr

I hope you can help me decide which monitor I should choose for a R9 390.

I personally have that monitor (LG 29-inch Ultrawide) but its an older model so there is no Free-sync. Its a extremely good monitor too and is worth the money (Mine was $600 back in the day)

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

5 minutes ago, DerHerbsti said:

Hey Guys !

This is the first topic I´m writing on the LinusTechTips forum because I have a problem regarding a new monitor and I hope some of you cane help me.

I have a quite expensiove rig including a xeon e3 1231v3 and a gtx 970. But I thought to myself: why should I play on a 1920x1080 60 Hertz Benq monitor with such components ?
So I looked for a fitting monitor. I wanted at least 144hz and maybe even 1440p.But then I stumbled across G-sync but i figured that it would take the cost of the monitor into the space.

But then I made a different plan. I wanted to sell my GTX 970 and buy a R9 390 so that i can use Freesync without wasting too much money. The next problem was to choose a right monitor for the R9 390.

I read hundreds of articles in forums, watched youtube videos about it and so on. Some people say you can play 1440p with a 390 very well others say stick with a 1080p monitor so I didn´t know what to do.
But I know that I want 1-2 ms response time, a wide range of freesync. Also I play a lot of first person shooters but also rpgs like The Witcher 3, or Skyrim. So I need a monitor that has the specs which a R9 390 can handle at good fps. 

I´m going slightly more towards 1440p, but correct me if i shouldn´t.

My favorite Monitors that I found are:

1440p:

Asus MG278Q

Acer Predator XG270HU

1080p Widesreen

LG 29UM67-P

1080p

AOC G2460PF
Acer XF240Hbmjdpr

I hope you can help me decide which monitor I should choose for a R9 390.

I would go with the LG monitor because you will have to turn the settings down on a 1440p  just to get nice fps.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

The problem with the Ultrawide is, that I make Youtube videos and recording with this format would be difficult

Just now, DerHerbsti said:

The problem with the Ultrawide is, that I make Youtube videos and recording with this format would be difficult

Ahh well I can say that recording on an ultrawide is crap from when ive tried it if thats the case I would just grab a 1440p monitor.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]