Game controller won't work on Fusion 364 in Windows 8

Eric Kazer

Hi,

I just downloaded Fusion 364, a Sega Geneses emulator. I can't get the Xbox 360 controller to work with it. I got it to work on my Windows 7 laptop. I need that emulator because it also emulates Sega master system & Geneses 32X , Game Gear & Sega CD.

The emulator is kind of useless with out a controller. The menu show like this in windows 8:

1. Keyboard

2. Mouse

4. Xbox 360 Controller

It should be showing 1,2,3 in the same order. I noticed that it skips 3 in the menu.

After installing it on my Windows 7 laptop, the controller worked with the same file that I dragged & dropped to my external HDD for back up. I don't know why it does not work in Windows 8. I tried compatibility mode to XP SP3. No difference.

To set it up you click on Define & than press the correct direction or button on the controller. My emulator in Windows 8 doesn't do that. I tried a Nyko Air Flow, the wireless Xbox 360 controller, & my Steel Series controllers. None of them worked, but they showed in the menu.

Has anyone used this, & have they had same problem. Has anyone been able to correct it.

Sounds to me, that it's a problem with the software. What I suggest you to do. Is unplug all USB devices (except keyboard and mouse). Wait until Windows doesn't recognize them anymore. If you have a USB hub, remove it as well. Then restart your computer.

Once done, plug your X-Box 360 controller on the back of your computer, and then start your program. If it works, try the USB port for the XBox controller that you prefer to be plugged in (be sure that the emulator is closed when you do this), if that continues to work, plug all other USB devices.

[update]

I just tried it, and my XBox 360 controller shows on slot 3, as it should. I have Win8 Pro

[/update]

Unplugging my Bluetooth adapter made it work. Emulator recognized my wireless Xbox 360 controller when I used define. Does not work with the Bluetooth adapter plugged in. I use Bluetooth for Wii emulation. That's so I can use the original controller for that. No big deal. All I have to do is unplug the Bluetooth adapter & it works.

Thank You Good Bytes

Eric Kazer