PhysX on AMD Veideo Cards

I have Sapphire 7950 Vapor-x 3gb and I heard that Physx makes your games look cooler (adding particles and stuff...) but it is only for ge-force cards. I also heard that you car run Physx on a Radeon Card. So my questions are: How can i use PhysX on my card and how much worse will it be compared to an nvidia graphics card?

You could run Physx on Radeon card back in the day, but not anymore. To run Physx you would need a Geforce card and some hacked drivers. I personally wouldn't go through do it, since Physx is pretty much s gimmick right now, and the hacked drivers are really buggy And you would also have to purchase a Geforce card which would cost money.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

post-2255-0-03324300-1378924390.gif to forum!

Only few games support physX and it ain't that cool so i would not even try to have PhysX card.

Also you can use PhysX on your CPU, but you get little performance drop by doing that. 

(also you wont get advanced PhysX by doing that)

post-2255-0-03324300-1378924390.gif To the thread! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Physx is quite shit to be honest. its not worth bothering.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

How can i use PhysX on my card and how much worse will it be compared to an nvidia graphics card?

you use it on your CPU. but not advanced so it is worse. but who cares...

Well from the videos i have seen it looks really cool but i havent tried it out, so people telling me its shitty might be right.. But is there any actual way to use it on my card and if there is HOW...???

ahhh pshyX is only a marketting thing it is not that big of a deal but if you really want it you can use your CPU 

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Just tell me how the f**k do i install... 

ya dont ... or do you want to buy a nvidia card oh and i love your spelling (veideo cards)

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Lol failed on the title... :(  I am not going to buy an nvidia card.

I have both a HD 7950 and a GT 220 and I am still working on getting the Hacked drivers stable.

\

so the only way is to use hacked drivers!!??!?? :(

Yep, have fun with that. You can't run phyx on AMD graphics.

CPU: 2500k 4.6 Ghz 1.38V   Cooler: CM Seidon 120M   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Patriot 1600 Mhz (4x4Gb)   GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 3 7950 (1100/1500)  

Storage: Patriot Pyro SE 120Gb, Seagate 500Gb,  HGST 1Tb   PSU: OCZ 700W   Monitor: Dell ST2420L   Mouse: Razer Naga 2012   Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Mx Blues)  

Currently I'm running a 7970 and I'm able to use PhysX on my FX-8350. But as stated above, I do take a pretty hefty hit when it comes to FPS. In Borderlands 2, I'll take a pretty major hit during intense fight scenes where blood and particles are flying everywhere. Sometimes to the point where it I don't feel it's playable. So I have to back it down to a medium settings in order to get an overall decent playthrough.

So yeah, you can run on an ATi, but you'll notice it.

But also, as stated above, it isn't really worth it to upgrade only for the PhysX feature. Though, when you know you could be running a certain feature you really do feel envious. 

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

When i was choosing between 660ti and 7950 had same dillema - PhysX or not. Been all the time with Nvidia cards, but said "f*ck it" and bought Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X OC with Boost. In most cases you wont notice the change.

You need to change dealer. This aint My little pony forum...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

There are 3 levels of Physx

Off. - Obvious

Lvl1 - Running Physx on the CPU (This is the option all AMD cards usually use, if not off)

Lvl2 - Only capable on Nvidia GPU's, Running Normal LVL 1 Physx with the newer enhanced APEX Physx tech.

The only Physx implementation that I see the CPU not being able to run, is the enhanced APEX Physx.

The Physx liquid/smoke/decal scar marks, all run fine off the CPU.

The need for LVL2 - you like complex particle effects with no performance hit.

Proof of the pudding is telling Hawken to use lvl2 via the ini file, and looking at the extra particles (will run like a dog off the CPU)

If you think you need the extra particles while maintaining high fps, buy Green team.

If your not fussed, buy whatever you want.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz