Kraken x61 and Noctis 450 Fan Hub -- Best way to go about this?

FoxxyRin

So, I misunderstood how the Noctis' fan hub works apparently. I assumed that if I just installed all the fans to the PWM controller, I could use CAM to control it. Well, apparently not. I'd like to keep everything cooling related controlled by CAM just for ease of use, so what's the best way to go about controlling things? The Kraken only has four adapters to control fans (and the case currently has six), so I'm kind of leaning towards just controlling the radiator's fans via that, and then setting the front/rear fans at a quieter setting in the BIOS, but I had an idea that I'm unsure about...  Could I possibly hook up the Noctis' PWM controller into the Kraken to act as as a splitter that way, so that the Kraken's software (CAM) controls everything? I feel like it should work, but I'd hate to overload something and break it.

well first of all you shouldnt be using CAM because its very unoptimized and causes lag spikes while gaming

second, you should attach case fans to the motherboard so that they are controlled by the motherboard itself and not all by the CPU temp

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

well first of all you shouldnt be using CAM because its very unoptimized and causes lag spikes while gaming

second, you should attach case fans to the motherboard so that they are controlled by the motherboard itself and not all by the CPU temp

Is CAM really that bad? I was recommended time and time again to go with a Kraken because CAM is better than Link. It was too late for my PC, so I decided to go with it on my boyfriend's instead.

And that's what I was planning on if my other idea didn't work, so I'll just stick with that. I was just hoping to avoid messing with things in the BIOS.

well im having issues with my own N450 PWM fan hub myself and nzxt is trying to help me solve them

as for overloading it, as long as u connect less than 10 fans on it, i doubt it will overload

as for controlling with the pwm hub (thats where my issues is) apparently some fans wont be controlled by the 3 pin on it (as stated in an email i received)

its not as easy as plug and play it seems

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

19 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

well im having issues with my own N450 PWM fan hub myself and nzxt is trying to help me solve them

as for overloading it, as long as u connect less than 10 fans on it, i doubt it will overload

as for controlling with the pwm hub (thats where my issues is) apparently some fans wont be controlled by the 3 pin on it (as stated in an email i received)

its not as easy as plug and play it seems

That's a shame. I'll mess around with mine when my boyfriend gets home (I can't carry his PC on my own, haha~) and I'll let you know if I have luck with doing that, but if it doesn't work, I think I'll just have the case fans controlled by the motherboard and then have the Kraken control its own fans..