Origin Games with Horrible FPS?

SynapseBreak

Hello LinusTechTips Forum!  Im hoping that some of you in this fine community can help me. Ive been having an FPS issue with Origin Specific games, such as BF3 and Dead Space 3.  I have had this exact computer http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/high-performance/NP700G7C-S01UK for about a year, and it can run mainstream games upwards of 60 FPS on high (Dishonored, Skyrim), but not for origin games, I am "locked" at 20 FPS (or what seems like 20 fps)  even on low settings, and the FPS does not change at all, and persists through loading screens and main menus for the entirety of the game. This is not the case for Steam games and/or Other Platforms ( Ex. Minecraft), since those perform exactly as they are supposed to, i have not seen this behavior in them.

- Im not overclocking my gpu/cpu so thats not the problem

- Im using Nvidia driver 320.49, but this problem has persisted since i attained Dead Space 3 (7 months ago), and the drivers were different.

- I am running the Games off the hard drive onboard my laptop, although ill be running them off an external drive probably tomorrow to see if that makes a difference. 

Anybody have some idea on what could be the problem or has this problem in the past?  Im thinking its a driver issue, what does LTT say?

(ill make a video pertaining to the problem if it is needed)

- Steven

Does it happen with all Origin titles? (including demos)

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Does it happen with all Origin titles? (including demos)

Ive only installed BF3 and Dead Space 3 onto my computer, ill download a couple demos and try them out though.

How are your temps.. Notebooks either crash or declock themselves with excess heat (by not cleaning the laptop of dust)

Disable origin in game via settings of origin itself.< - maybe its just origin...

Seems the constant factor here is Origin, not drivers (although that'd be my second choice to look at)

Maybe the CPU/GPU is declocking after being heated and hot for extended periods...

Maybe the other games you play are not as GPU stressful and do not show problems..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Sounds like it's just a game setting. Origin really has nothing to do with the game besides being the launcher.

It could be causing interference.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

If you think its origin related, remove mark on setting where it says "Use Origin ingame" this should give 5-10 fps more on slow systems. One thing to try is to boot pc before starting to play. Is BF3 fps better on SP?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you think its origin related, remove mark on setting where it says "Use Origin ingame" this should give 5-10 fps more on slow systems. One thing to try is to boot pc before starting to play. Is BF3 fps better on SP?

Ive removed the mark, but i still see no difference in performance.  And ive rebooted my PC but to no avail :c

How are your temps.. Notebooks either crash or declock themselves with excess heat (by not cleaning the laptop of dust)

Disable origin in game via settings of origin itself.< - maybe its just origin...

Seems the constant factor here is Origin, not drivers (although that'd be my second choice to look at)

Maybe the CPU/GPU is declocking after being heated and hot for extended periods...

Maybe the other games you play are not as GPU stressful and do not show problems..

I hit only about 65 -70 C on the gpu when gaming, ive seen it go as high as 85 in the past and still perform well on games.

If it will help, i found that im only utilizing 20% of my GPU when playing Battlefield, and thats about it.

Even with V-sync off?

Even with V-sync off?

Yes even with V-Sync off my Performance is not improving, is this a mystery to which there is no solution?

It might just be a driver bug. In that case, only thing you can do is try different drivers. You can also try doing a clean install of your current drivers.

It might just be a driver bug. In that case, only thing you can do is try different drivers. You can also try doing a clean install of your current drivers.

Ive been through multiple drivers since February when i got Dead Space 3 and tried to play it, but since you mentioned it i guess i will re-install my current drivers.

I've had problems where for some mysterious reasons my gpu clock gets locked at like half it's normal speed and the only fix was to re-install drivers.

2500k @ 4.8, R9 290x, 256GB Vertex 4, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Brown, Logitech G602 Mouse, Kingwin Lazer 1000w Platinum PSU, Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 8GB @1866, Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3, Xonar U7, Sennheiser 598, Switch 810, Coolermaster Hyper 212 with 1x Noctua nf-f12