Silverstone Sugo 13 serious temp issues

elron

Hey there. I have quite serious CPU and case temperature issues with my small silverstone sugo 13 build and was hoping that you guys could help me out please. First up: i am running a stock clock 6600K and a corsair h60 running in push config. In Idle, temps are fine, but after about 5 mins of gaming the temps go through the roof, to the point (above 80°c) where the CPU causes frame rate stuttering every few seconds. The top of the case, where the radiator sits also gets so hot, that you cannot touch it for more than a few seconds. As soon as i remove the cover the temps drop dramatically. CPU Temp drops by like 30° and the rest of the case feels way cooler as well. Only the PSU remains fairly hot. Therefore I believe that a big part of the issue is the PSU (SilverStone SFX 600W mATX). I was gonna try to mount it upside down, so that it draws fresh air from the top vent rather than the hot case temp. Also i noticed that there is very little airflow behind the radiator, so i was gonna try some sort of push pull setup replacing the stock fan with a better high static pressure fan pushing and a good case fan pulling, hopefully increasing overall ventilation in the system. Is that a good idea? Any other solutions? By the way, i am not using the hdd tray, and although it propably doesn't matter but the psu cable management is already improved, those pictures i took during the build. Thanks in advance.

Lgr5pvG.jpg

BI9qtzT.jpg

Better cable management and faster higher CFM fans are your two best options. Can also look at drilling ventilation into the case too.

i dont know if it matters or not but try having the radiator fan blow air out the front instead of intake iv heard people doing that and it helping

It's preferable to use a GPU with a blower style fan in small cases that way hot air is blown out the back of the case.  In your case the axial fans are throwing the hot air inside the case with inadeaquate exhaust.

Get a better case or change your GPU for blower-style cooler or install more exhaust fans. 

6 hours ago, BradH said:

i dont know if it matters or not but try having the radiator fan blow air out the front instead of intake iv heard people doing that and it helping

Reversing the airflow bad idea for this case cause there are no dust filters on what is basically an entirely open back half. Of course the OP could DIY some :S.

To the OP I'd suggest running the psu upside down, and getting a high static pressure 120 fan. Swapping the gpu for a reference cooleer version can be difficult because many reference designs are too long to fit in the case.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

Since no one had suggested it, check for pipe kinks and the heatsink being fitted correctly with even pressure, make sure the pump is set to 100%.

Tidy up the cables and do a barrel roll.

@EdInk  Nope, would not work. I have a radiator there and my card is pretty much the longest i could fit. The gap is only a few mil. He used air cooler instead of a AIO solution for his CPU

@rentaspoon

I have already checked all of those things, and like i have said in my original post, cable management is already tidied up as well. These pictures were taken before i was done, but the only ones i had. I'm gonna pass on the barrel roll thanks.

@Thread

I was not really aware of the GPU exhausting into the case though, so that is pretty helpful information thanks. There is a vent on top of the Graphics card though (which itself stays perfectly cool during gaming by the way), but i guess it doesn't help the situation either. I personally still believe the PSU is to blame for the most part. For now I will get 2 high SP fans as suggested by Windspeed36, and mount the PSU upside down, and see how i go with that. If that's still not good enough i will look at modding in a exhaust fan into the case which should not really be all that difficult, considering i don't use the ssd tray.

48 minutes ago, elron said:

PSU

I'd imagine that the PSU will help with exhausting the heat in its current orientation if its doesn't operate in zero-rpm mode. 

1 hour ago, elron said:

Snip

Awesome can I suggest if that doesnt fix it and if its modular take the PSU out and run the cables through the hole and seal it up, if it still gets hot then you know its not the PSU. Pretty much sounds like it is though

I managed to do the mods to my system today and it worked wonders. CPU doesn't go over 50°C after hours of gaming with the case closed. All i did was mounting the PSU upside down and installed 2 Noctua F12 in push pull.