Is it hard for new Youtube channels to get popular?

ShiroArikawa
Go to solution Solved by Ponteo,

2 hours ago, ShiroArikawa said:

This is PC community, were talking abt gaming people.

Find a good hobby to film.  something that you enjoy doing. My little brother wants to make a cooking channel. I keep telling him that it's not about the views or subs. it's about enjoying yourself. 

The title.. ^^^ Your thoughts?

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

yes.

RIP-A10-5800k @ 4.0Ghz | ASUS GTX 750Ti OC Edition | Gigabyte F2A68HM-DS2H | Corsair Spec-01 | EVGA 500w | Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4 1600mhz | 1tb WD Blue & 500Gb WD Blue | Hyper 212 EVO |

Just now, Hungryturkey12 said:

yes.

Oh look, you have my GPU.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

The growth of a channel can be quite exponential. depending on the niche and how many videos you post regularly. You'll find that the more videos you make the more people are likely to find and possibly subscribe to you. creating a multiplier effect seeing as those subscribers may or may not have social media's they can share to their friends and family.

Yes at first it's hard. but over time it'll be more hard to get rid of people.

3 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

If they're doing the exact same shit as everyone else are doing in an already saturated market, yes, it would be hard.

Be original, get rewarded. 

and how does one "Be original"

6 minutes ago, ShiroArikawa said:

and how does one "Be original"

You just make something that hasnt been seen on Youtube before.

RIP-A10-5800k @ 4.0Ghz | ASUS GTX 750Ti OC Edition | Gigabyte F2A68HM-DS2H | Corsair Spec-01 | EVGA 500w | Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4 1600mhz | 1tb WD Blue & 500Gb WD Blue | Hyper 212 EVO |

Just now, Hungryturkey12 said:

You just make something that hasnt been seen on Youtube before.

2 hours ago, ShiroArikawa said:

Find a good hobby to film.  something that you enjoy doing. My little brother wants to make a cooking channel. I keep telling him that it's not about the views or subs. it's about enjoying yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Ponteo said:

Yeah, I enjoy it, maybe I should try just recording while i play games to enjoy myself, instead of not doing so. Thnx.

Just grow some big boobs and see the view count rise.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

30 minutes ago, Praesi said:

List the steps

here are the factors that i learned about wanting to make a source of income on Youtube:

1. it will not happen over night. exponential growth will happen over time, and you will either get a lucky following or you'll earn a steady growth that may turn into a rapid growth. 

2. make a passion out of it - find something you enjoy doing, enjoy talking about, if you want to make it a full time job, work it like a full time job - and put the effort in, but as with the 1st factor, dont put in the mindset thinking you'll be making hundreds of dollars overnight.

3. you will have negativity that you must learn to overcome. there are times were you will see hateful, negative comments on your videos, things that people will simply take a jab at just to put you down.

4. Youtube is a community and social media is key. if you have a growing fan base. learn to communicate with them. show them that you are there listening to them. interact with them when making a video, or even offer a live chat. give them something to yearn for after the video ends. they will follow you more than just on Youtube, Facebook, Vine, Twitter are all other ways of great communication. 

5. Be the 'You' in Youtube- there are channels that have lost their way because of their ego and their pride. just be yourself, and show your fans the honesty they deserve. let them know how you feel at times or any situations that might affect how your videos might become.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

4 hours ago, Attis said:
4 hours ago, Praesi said:

List the steps

No you will not get many views. There are plenty of girls on youtube with big boobs and many probably have very little views.

You need real substance. Youtube is very competitive since barriers to entry are essentially nil since cameras and the internet are both widely available. Expecting to make a living off youtube videos is like expecting to make a living off being aa actor or actress