Your first mods

silver_tounge

I have the evolv itx so I stuck a little bit of metal to the PSU shroud to support the graphics card, so I have a nice level graphics card without any sag. If you'd consider that a mod anyway.... Would like to do some paint jobs on it too though and maybe hinge the side panel 

Spoiler

phanteks-enthoo-evolv-itx-black.jpg

5 minutes ago, silver_tounge said:

what was your first pc mod that you ever did?

installing a new heatsink to my GPUs (changed both my reference 290Xs with one having a AIO and the other getting a arctic accelero 3)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Hmm... I gave 3 warning points to my computer back in 2005 when it was spamming me with silly error messages. Reminded him who is the real mod around here.

Ok boring joke aside.

My first mod, if when I got my GeForce GTX 260. My computer was in less than 1 year old Antec SOLO case, and this is when I upgraded my GPU. I got my new GeForce GTX 260. I got it, and I was all excited like a little kid. I opened it up, open my case, and than just about to insert it, and boom... case doesn't have enougth clearance for the GPU. Ooohhh my face, when I went "NOOOOOoooooooooo!" in my head, was probably priceless. If you don't remember, this was back in the days, where we started to have extra long GPUs. I didn't measure.

So, the next day, I run to the hardware store, and got the cheapest dremel tool I could get (15$ new), and a blade to cut metal. Yes I kid you not. I still have the tool. Yes, it is a no name brand, if you wonder, and yes it sucks. It will often get jam when I was cutting the metal due to lack of any torque. Oh the fun... but I didn't want to spend more for something I'll never use again, and I didn't.

So, anyway, I simply cut a piece of the case, use an old broken cable segment which I cut and remove the internal wires, just to have the rubber casing, to used it as protection to not scratch/damage my graphics card as I put it in, let alone cut myself.

Ah, that was fun. Silly and tiny mod, but fun.

Haven't really done many mods to my PC..
Well, other than my case's rear fan has a little box on it that can alter its speed (call it a fan controller I guess), but it was inside of the case so not really usable.. So I wanted it out of my case, which I could just do through some hole in the case, because the fan controller thing was too big for the hole.

So I took apart the fan controller (only one screw) guided it through a hole and put it back together. pretty helpful

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/