Cleaning sticker remains on monitor bezel wth isopropyl alchohol?

AstroBenny

I just got a new MG279Q monitor and the sticker which was attached to the monitor bezel on arrival has left behind some unpleasant "sticky stuff" since I removed it.

Can I use a bit of micro fiber cloth and isopropyl alcohol to remove it or will this damage the plastic?

Cheers.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In my experience an eraser is quite effective at removing sticker residue.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

When I want to remove sticker resedue off plastic stuff (do it all the time on games' cases) I usually use WD40. I spray some WD40 on a paper towel (really not a whole lot) rub it over the surface a couple time and it always goes off.

After that I put some water on a paper towel and go over the spot with that to remove any WD40 left and after that I just use a dry paper towel to remove the water and it looks as good as new.

Since this has always worked for me, I never tried it with any type of alcohol 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/