Which one?: "GDDR3 2GB" or "GDDR5 1GB"?

freexavier
8 hours ago, freexavier said:

Those other good graphics cards being?

I don't live in a remote area, I'm actually going to buy it in a store, a brand new graphics for him. I just petty him, having to play old games and for new games, playing at 15 to 20 FPS.

I even let him play on my PC, for games that are newer and demanding, since his PC can't run them.

Edit:

Spent most of my money getting my new PC. LOL!

so you think that wasting $60 to get him 5 fps more than he already has is worth it???

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

47 minutes ago, Enderman said:

so you think that wasting $60 to get him 5 fps more than he already has is worth it???

hey

he already decided against getting the GPU and save up for a better one.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

7 hours ago, LukaH said:

hey

he already decided against getting the GPU and save up for a better one.

It's okay man, he is just a bit outdated of what was decided

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

19 hours ago, freexavier said:

Right now, I planning to buy my little brother a new graphics card, being a R7 240(Locally purchasing it, being $58 usd), but I'm having difficulty on either choosing the GDDR3 2GB or GDDR5 1GB version?

I'm conflicting with choosing either GDDR3 2GB or GDDR5 1GB.

GDDR3 2GB - To play on higher resolution textures, but at the cost of a little drop of performance

GDDR5 1GB  - To play with slightly better FPS, but at the cost of playing games on lower resolution.

My little brother's specs:

CPU: Intel Pent. G2020 2.9Ghz

GPU: Integrate Graphics (Close in performance to a Intel HD 2000 or 15% to 20% weaker to a GT 620)

Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LX3 Plus

RAM: HyperX blue 2GB 1600Mhz

Monitor: 1280x720

(Fun fact: This is actually my old PC until I upgraded)

I'm leaning more towards the GDDR3 2GB, because, personally, textures is the most important graphical setting out of all the other effects and has little to no drop in FPS when increase, but even if has a performance drop, it worth playing with higher texture quality, but I would like to hear all of your opinions about the subject.

Edit Update:

I have been convinced on not purchasing an R7 240, and will save up some cash for a better one.

the 1GB GDDR5 "is better" than 2GB DDR3 friend

(GDDR5 is like 2x the performance of a DDR3 card as far as i know)

20 hours ago, TheCODclown25 said:

The RAM speed doesn't matter to much so get the 2GB card

LOL, you never seem to know what you're talking about, do you? I've noticed that from all of your posts. Anyways, GDDR3 is loads slower than GDDR5.

Learn a bit about computers before you go giving advice.