Anyone excited for AMD's Polaris GPU's?

The Salt Is REAL

really hope they beat NVIDIA this time, they're price-for-performance is much better.

EDIT: This wasn't mean't to be a fanboy topic, I love both companies and love to see that they both roll out great GPU's.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Just now, App4that said:

The fanboy is STTRROONNGG with this topic. 

I have a GTX 960, I'm just saying it would be nice for AMD to have some attention for once

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Just now, App4that said:

Well if AMD can beat NVIDA in performance and it costs half as much which do you choose? 

I guess I'm indifferent.  It's not like I'm going to run out and buy one.. Whenever I need to upgrade I will just go with whatever is the best performance for the price at the time.  I don't care what brand it is.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Just now, givegomezthegun said:

I guess I'm indifferent.  It's not like I'm going to run out and buy one.. Whenever I need to upgrade I will just go with whatever is the best performance for the price at the time.  I don't care what brand it is.

Same, but AMD really deserves some attention for once

1 minute ago, k1ng_alex said:

Well if AMD can beat NVIDA in performance and it costs half as much which do you choose? 

You realize that performance per dollar is not the only thing that people care about, right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Its all about price for performance with me, power consumption and heat aren't issues when I game. 

Just now, App4that said:

damn it, beating me to jokey post

Just now, k1ng_alex said:

saying someone is an AMD fanboy doesn't mean you hate the company

im really hoping intel integrated graphics wins this one 

1 minute ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

I have a GTX 960, I'm just saying it would be nice for AMD to have some attention for once

You must be new xD welcome to Linus AMD tips, you'll fit right in. This is a AMD echo chamber. 

Nothing is gained by ether company being harmed. So no reason to wish harm on those who's families depend on the jobs they have at ether company. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

of course! who isn't looking forward to competition and thus lower prices?

Exactly my point!

Im really interested in seeing the performance of the new cards, and better yet, what Nvidia will bring to the table as competition. I would love to see AMD get more market share and seeing some competitive pricing.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Really hoping they would go ahead of Nvidia this time :3 Cause my board only supports crossfire so planning to get an AMD card after the releases of the next in line gpu's :3. Hoping the power consump of the next gpu's would be lower too :3

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

Im really interested in seeing the performance of the new cards, and better yet, what Nvidia will bring to the table as competition. I would love to see AMD get more market share and seeing some competitive pricing.

Yeah, the more competition, the lower prices we get :)

wrong their too m8

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

You must be new xD welcome to Linus AMD tips, you'll fit right in. This is a AMD echo chamber. 

Really?  I never noticed that... I have noticed that the number of times a radeon card gets recommended over nvidia is grossly out of alignment with what the current market share would have you expect to see, but everyone is  generally pretty fair in my expereince

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

Same, but AMD really deserves some attention for once

I'd really like to see them have some breakthroughs in cpu's and be more competitive there.  They are holding their own in the gpu market just fine.  But a 6700k is something like $550 or more, and amd's best offering is somewhat close to low end i5's.  

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Just now, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

Yeah, the more competition, the lower prices we get :)

That's not always good. If you want better graphics cards, that takes money. They drop the price and the R&D pays the price. I'm studying to be a engineer, we know these things xD 

Just now, givegomezthegun said:

I'd really like to see them have some breakthroughs in cpu's and be more competitive there.  They are holding their own in the gpu market just fine.  But a 6700k is something like $550 or more, and amd's best offering is somewhat close to low end i5's.  

Honestly, they do really need to step up their game with CPU's. I'd be happy to buy one but the current CPU I have (i7 4770) was free and performs much better than a lot of the CPU's AMD had on their market

Just now, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

and performs much better than a lot of the CPU's AMD had on their market

not just had - has.  the 4770 is still better than AMD's best offering :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

That's not always good. If you want better graphics cards, that takes money. They drop the price and the R&D pays the price. I'm studying to be a engineer, we know these things xD 

I suppose you're right, but without at least a minor competition then the other company can raise their prices to whatever they feel like

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Really?  I never noticed that... I have noticed that the number of times a radeon card gets recommended over nvidia is grossly out of alignment with what the current market share would have you expect to see, but everyone is  generally pretty fair in my expereince

Ask if you should get a 970 or 390. Both cards are equal buy the majority of post would state otherwise. Ask about a 960 verses 380, driver overhead is ignored. And this topic has someone saying the Fury X is equal to a 980ti xD so not true. 

This is forum is the most biased forum I have personally ever witnessed, and I've worked for forums. 

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nothing is gained by ether company being harmed. So no reason to wish harm on those who's families depend on the jobs they have at ether company. 

I am new actually, so thanks :P