Fast RT IPS monitor

Oakley

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone new of any 1080p IPS monitors with a <5 ms response time *and is 144hz*. Tired of looking at TN panels. No budget. Feel free to leave any suggestions, comments, concerns etc.

Thanks guys.

I have many leather-bound books.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6800K - 4.3 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe II | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU:  Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 | PSU: Corsair RM750i | Case: NZXT Switch 810 | Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Hydro | Monitors: Acer G257HU - Acer GN246HL | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Razer Mamba -  Astro A50

9 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

those are all 5 ms or faster.  He wants one slower than 5 ms for some reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I think that is a typo.

I'll recater plus the new restraint, it really doesn't mater though.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#r=192001080&p=1&sort=a8&page=1&T=5,25&H=144,240

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

those are all 5 ms or faster.  He wants one slower than 5 ms for some reason.

He said "<5", which is "less than 5".

However, response time is mostly a meaningless number. What you should be looking into is the input lag, which isn't something you can find in a spec list.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Just now, olbaze said:

The has since fixed the typo of ">5ms" and added 144hz as a constraint, it doesn't mater.

5 minutes ago, olbaze said:

However, response time is mostly a meaningless number. What you should be looking into is the input lag, which isn't something you can find in a spec list.

Yeah it used to say ">5".  But your right, and I was about to say that next as soon as it came up :) - the response time is only really a measure of motion blur, but it doesn't even do that well (if at all) so it's basically pointless.  You're much better off looking up independent tests of the motion blur and input lag values, since neither will be reported by the manufacturer.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.