The best Version/Variant/Brand/Model of the GTX 980 Ti?

Eldridge Friend

What is the best Version/Variant/Brand/Model of the GTX 980 Ti in terms of overall sheer performance, temperature, OC stability, etc?

Kingpin? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

depends, the silicon lottery dictates the max oc capability. I think the zotac amp card represents the best of the air cooled 980 tis 

Just now, tahmidkhan123 said:

depends, the silicon lottery dictates the max oc capability. I think the zotac amp card represents the best of the air cooled 980 tis 

Sorry for asking this, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these things but can you OC the ZOTAC AMP! Extreme?

Just now, Eldridge Friend said:

Sorry for asking this, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these things but can you OC the ZOTAC AMP! Extreme?

of course, you can just about oc any card 

3 minutes ago, tahmidkhan123 said:

of course, you can just about oc any card 

I believe that the zotac amp! Extreme card has the highest base and boost clock out of the box compared to all the gtx 980 ti's but won't overclock it make it unstable? Or is it rather safe and I'm over thinking to much?

Just now, Eldridge Friend said:

I believe that the zotac amp! Extreme card has the highest base and boost clock out of the box compared to all the gtx 980 ti's but won't overclock it make it unstable? Or is it rather safe and I'm over thinking to much?

It has the highest base clock but there's still some headroom, i've watched a few reviews on it where youtubers mentioned "ive got mine overclocked to..." There isn't going to be a lot of room tho and the performance gains probably wont be justifiable for such a minor oc. 

Raw overall best performance on the market?  Kingpin / Matrix / Ln2 Galaxy HOF card.

Best price to performance? Basically whichever one is cheapest. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Temperature wise I think evga asus msi and gigabyte is better but raw performance might be others