Need to Heat Up My Tortillas

byalexandr
6 minutes ago, AlexAlcala said:

holy shit, thats a huuuge problem FeelsBadMan

i wish i can help, no tortillas for dinner is like no cereal for breakfast T.T

nah man tortillas r lief

Do you have a kettle?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

use tinfoil as a barrier between the lightbulb and the food.

Bruh, genius. I have foil in my room too.

Just try not to electrocute myself....

Just now, byalexandr said:

Yeah but then they would get soggy.

Not the idea I was running with.

So my idea was to heat up hot water and pour that hot water into two safe containers (like sandwich containers) and then put the tortillas between or right next to the containers. The heat of the water will heat up the food and no contact with water. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

you could put a stick in the tortillas and hold it over the burner on a stove like roasting a marshmallow. It wouldn't make any noise and would work.

Normally I just put it over the burner on the stove. But it makes a clicking sound when it's igniting the flame.

The tin foil and light bulbs are working. They are toasting away.

Just now, Imabigmac said:

Not the idea I was running with.

So my idea was to heat up hot water and pour that hot water into two safe containers (like sandwich containers) and then put the tortillas between or right next to the containers. The heat of the water will heat up the food and no contact with water. 

Boiling water still kinda loud though. At least my stupid kettle.

Boiling water still kinda loud though. At least my stupid kettle.

Maybe you are trying to be too quiet? I'm sure wrapping tortillas in foil was not "silent" 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I love how this thread has more replies than most topics about computers on the LMG forum LOL.

ikr lol

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

wow your parents must have incredibly sensitive hearing. Also the stove can be lit with a match too. 

Well their room is very close to the kitchen and they'd get pretty mad so.

Just now, Imabigmac said:

Maybe you are trying to be too quiet? 

Probably. I think I could make something with the Keurig and probably be okay, but hey, lightbulbs are fun.

ikr lol

Well their room is very close to the kitchen and they'd get pretty mad so.

Probably. I think I could make something with the Keurig and probably be okay, but hey, lightbulbs are fun.

Be careful with your replies, they might hear the keyboard..

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 / GPU: ASUS GTX 750 Ti 2GB / RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz & Mushkin Enhanced 4x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz / Wifi Card: TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97x / SSDs: Mushkin 240GB & SanDisk 240GB / Case: NZXT Source 210 Windowed / PSU: Corsair CX430M / OS: Windows 8.1 Home (Never Windows 10)

2 minutes ago, Imabigmac said:

Maybe you are trying to be too quiet? I'm sure wrapping tortillas in foil was not "silent" 

I'm upstairs in my room, my keyboard is probably louder xD

Just now, BallOfPanda said:

Be careful with your replies, they might hear the keyboard..

I'm sure the keyboard is much louder. MX Blues 4 lyfe

Just now, swordsm3n said:

Put one under each man tittie

I'm a pretty skinny guy.

10 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

The light bulbs made them room temperature, so I guess they are warm. gg guys

find alcohol, or acetone, put it in a can, put your totrias in a pan, hold pan above can. light acetone/alcohol

instant stove

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

find alcohol, or acetone, put it in a can, put your totrias in a pan, hold pan above can. light acetone/alcohol

instant stove

dude

I have isopropyl and a glass cup! Time for toasted tortillas, not just warm. Almost all of them are gone already though xD

Edit: Dammit I don't have a lighter. Oh well, tortillas are eaten now.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

dude

I have isopropyl and a glass cup! Time for toasted tortillas, not just warm. Almost all of them are gone already though xD

Edit: Dammit I don't have a lighter. Oh well, tortillas are eaten now.

lol.

also, make sure u dont hold the food DIRECTLY ABOVE the fire, itll leave ash. thats why u use a pan, u can wash the ash off

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

lol.

also, make sure u dont hold the food DIRECTLY ABOVE the fire, itll leave ash. thats why u use a pan, u can wash the ash off

The carbon is like the best part! Adds crispiness.

That's why I do it over a gas stove, toasts it like a mofo

11 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I love how this thread has more replies than most topics about computers on the LMG forum LOL.

That is because unless you need help with a new build or are looking for help selecting a part, the help on here is just about zero. If you have a problem to troubleshoot you have much higher chance of reading a solution on another forum. Unless of course this problem is a common problem like "why won't my new PC turn on". So when a foodie topic or anything that anyone can comment on comes along it is incredibly popular. 

LTT forums sections by rank of most posts :  1. Off Topic, 2. Graphics cards, 3. Tech News,  4. New builds and planning 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Imabigmac said:

That is because unless you have a new build to help with or are looking for help selecting a part, the help on here is just about zero. If you have a problem to troubleshoot you have much higher chance of reading a solution on another forum. Unless of course this problem is a common problem like "why won't my new PC turn on". So when a foodie topic or anything that anyone can comment on comes along it is incredibly popular. 

LTT forums sections by rank of most posts :  1. Off Topic, 2. Graphics cards, 3. Tech News,  4. New builds and planning 

Three pages in less than half an hour...

I gotta post my dumb shit more often!

Three pages in less than half an hour...

I gotta post my dumb shit more often!

Yeah... And so LTT carries on trucking. Can't wait until Ubisoft does something next week! Or maybe another Zen rumor. 

But then again what else are forums for? 

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

11 minutes ago, Imabigmac said:

Yeah... And so LTT carries on trucking.

Desktop 02.06.2016 - 00.32.23.04_1_1_1.gif

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Subtle

and

BEAUTIFUL 

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I love this image.

This... This image is mine now.

Even the motion tracking... The color of the truck... It's just perfect.