Nvidia Driver Issue On Updating to Windows 10 From Windows 7

Go to solution Solved by Crusader325,

Sorry for The VERY LATE reply, I Finally got it worked.

Nvidia driver ob windows 10 was interupted by VIRTUMVP.

So i uninstall it, and everything works like a charm!!

Many Thanks to You GUYZ!! 

HI Guys ! 

I Could use some help with my Nvidia Drivers problem here..

So long story short, i decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) to Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) from windows media tools,

the windows installation was smooth as butter! No problem whatsoever and also I disable the automatic driver update from windows, cause many users says that it could make some issue with Nvidia Drivers.

But the good news stop there, after booting to windows 10 i realized the resolution was on 1024 x 768 and i cant change it from the  display option (I assume there is no graphic driver was installed). So i go to to the Nvidia Website to search the latest driver for my Graphic Card (which was GTX 660TI) and i download 

the 361.91 Nvidia Driver. After Install it i noticed that the bar for changing the resolution was still gray, and Try to restart my computer (cause in some cases restarting the PC could work) Then the resolution got better, but i notice that the resolution was not the resolution of my screen (which is 1920 x 1080), but it was instead 1280 x 1024 (hmm thats odd i thought -_-). I Decided to get to the Device Manager and my graphic card shows an error, Code 19 (Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damage...  But before the update to windows 10 my graphic card was fine and i was playing GTA V too (I think my graphics card was not the problem.). So. i decide too uninstalling the Nvidia Driver Using the DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to make sure everything was completely uninstalled. Then i download the 361.75 Nvidia Driver and this time i option for the Clean Install Hope everything gonna work. The Driver Installation was a breeze but not the same for the result, at the Device Manager it shown another error code for my graphic card. Code 43 (Windows has stopped this device because it has report problems). 

But My Journey Continue..

I Tried Almost all Nvidia Drivers which compatible with Windows 10 (Even as go far The BETA Driver 352.63) but the results are the same Either Code 19 or Code 43 Error and for Some NOTE on this back and forth installing and unistalling the Driver, I always use the DDU Application. But I also tried a few times without with and the Result not good.

Sometimes the Display Adaptor Shown on Device Manager is Only Microsoft Basic Adaptor.

I Also Tried By Using The Nvidia Geforce Experience but no results in the end and Also Browsing many tricks on Forums but non of it Worked.

After 8 Hours or so I Thought maybe Windows 10 Just wasn't for me, and Decided to Revert to Windows 7,  BUT WINDOWS DOESN'T LET ME REVERT TO WINDOWS 7!!!

It says The Files We Need To Revert To Previous Windows was Removed on This PC.

I Could do a Clean Installation of windows, but come on... -_- I decided to Upgrade my windows from the updater because i don't want to RE-Installing all my software and games in The First Place.

So Yeah... I Very Could Use Some Help From You Guys ! ^_^

Anyhelp will be very Appreciated It! :D

Anyway! Thanks Before...! ;)

Life Is About What We Are, Not We Were..

I also had problems with my Nvidia drivers when I upgraded from 7 to 10. After installing 10, no matter what I did, removing the drivers or not, the computer was lagging and was pretty much unusable.. In the end I had to revert back to 7 and uninstall the drivers before I upgrade, it then worked without problems...

Edit: Damn you cleaned your disk afterwards? Those files should stay there for a month if you don't... Do you have any backups? I'm very sorry to say but if you can't get this solved without reverting or restoring from a backup then I guess your only option would be to clean install :( I know the pain..

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

I didn't have any issues driver-wise (same situation: GTX 660, Win 7 --> Win 10 upgrade), but a fresh install of 10 fixes a lot of things.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

16 minutes ago, SaladFingers said:

I also had problems with my Nvidia drivers when I upgraded from 7 to 10. After installing 10, no matter what I did, removing the drivers or not, the computer was lagging and was pretty much unusable.. In the end I had to revert back to 7 and uninstall the drivers before I upgrade, it then worked without problems...

Edit: Damn you cleaned your disk afterwards? Those files should stay there for a month if you don't... Do you have any backups? I'm very sorry to say but if you can't get this solved without reverting or restoring from a backup then I guess your only option would be to clean install :( I know the pain..

Thanks for your Quick reply man!

In my case the pc actually works, theres no lagging or that kind of. I even posted this topic from my PC haha xD ,

But yeah, still this is was a big issue..

If i remember correctly, i didn't run any disk cleaner.. But i don't know if windows cleaner is running on the background or not. Yeah i got the backup for my important data, but just as you said, downloading and reinstalling the same application was really pain in the ass... -_-

Anyway! Very Much Thanks! 

I didn't have any issues driver-wise (same situation: GTX 660, Win 7 --> Win 10 upgrade), but a fresh install of 10 fixes a lot of things.

Also Thanks for Your Reply man! Almost exact situation we got here mate.. Maybe i just wasn't Lucky Enough? Haha.

I'm gonna use that Fresh Install for my Last Resort option ;)

2 minutes ago, Crusader325 said:

Thanks for your Quick reply man!

In my case the pc actually works, theres no lagging or that kind of. I even posted this topic from my PC haha xD ,

But yeah, still this is was a big issue..

If i remember correctly, i didn't run any disk cleaner.. But i don't know if windows cleaner is running on the background or not. Yeah i got the backup for my important data, but just as you said, downloading and reinstalling the same application was really pain in the ass... -_-

Anyway! Very Much Thanks! 

Which is why you should also keep a backup of your system itself so you can always restore it and boot back to it. Saves a lot of time and grief along the way... :)

Windows's cleaner should not delete those files before a month has passed, only way it would is if you manually go to the disk and run the built in cleaner. Anyway, since you can actually *use* the computer, take a deep breath and troubleshoot it :P Maybe you can get it resolved after all. But other than that I don't know how to help you with this :(

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

50 minutes ago, SaladFingers said:

Which is why you should also keep a backup of your system itself so you can always restore it and boot back to it. Saves a lot of time and grief along the way... :)

Windows's cleaner should not delete those files before a month has passed, only way it would is if you manually go to the disk and run the built in cleaner. Anyway, since you can actually *use* the computer, take a deep breath and troubleshoot it :P Maybe you can get it resolved after all. But other than that I don't know how to help you with this :(

Maybe im gonna try that...

yeah WC should not delete those file supposely , but maybe im just "Unlucky" , gonna try trouble shooting for more couple hours if still didn't get result maybe a clean install is the only option..

Hmm. I'd try disabling any power management options in your BIOS, and disabling PCI-E Link State Power Management in the Power Options advanced settings dialog. Outside of that, running a dism /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in an administrative command prompt might be worth trying. There shouldn't be any corruption in a fresh update, but going from 7 to 10 isn't as straightforward as 8 to 10 since they use different methods for deployment.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for The VERY LATE reply, I Finally got it worked.

Nvidia driver ob windows 10 was interupted by VIRTUMVP.

So i uninstall it, and everything works like a charm!!

Many Thanks to You GUYZ!!