13 yr old question abt old stuff

Dhrshanv2

My mom and dad have a bunch of old cds from Madonna, Lionel riche, Prince, Queen e.t.c. I want to ask the older crowd on the forums how much do you think these are worth

Just now, Dhrshanv2 said:

My mom and dad have a bunch of old cds from Madonna, Lionel riche, Prince, Queen e.t.c. I want to ask the older crowd on the forums how much do you think these are worth

Nothing monetary.
Give them a listen.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Just now, IAcKI said:

Nothing monetary.
Give them a listen.

so ur saying they are worth nothing now?

1 minute ago, IAcKI said:

Nothing monetary.
Give them a listen.

also i have 2 unused vcr tapes by sony still in their packaging

Just now, Dhrshanv2 said:

so ur saying they are worth nothing now?

You'll probably have to pay someone to take them or give them to a charity shop/Thrift store.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Unless you found a collector, you will struggle to find value in them.  Main issue is everything is available digitally now.  As for VHS tapes they're still plentifully available!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/home-electricals/blank-media/vhs-tapes

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

You'll probably have to pay someone to take them or give them to a charity shop/Thrift store.

Most charity shops dont take then nowadays because they are so out of date and people dont buy them.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

Most charity shops dont take then nowadays because they are so out of date and people dont buy them.

I thought so, wasn't positive though!

See my Build here!

12 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

I thought so, wasn't positive though!

haha, yeah. I wasnt sure either until I worked in a charity shop for about 4 months

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 hours ago, Dhrshanv2 said:

Unless you have some kind of limited or collection edition I doubt they are worth anything.

You could earn like €30 by selling them if you are lucky.

7 hours ago, Dhrshanv2 said:

Roughly $15. If you're lucky.

CD's aren't worth anything once they've been bought and played. They're a dying medium, such as tapes prior. Only real reason to get CD's now is if you enjoy building a physical collection like myself. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Sadly CDs and tapes of all sorts are becoming rather obsolete with the widespread availability of online media... Whats the point of owning a Queen cd if you can easily look up Bohemian Rhapsody on Youtube and watch it there?

I hope you're actually asking them before selling their old stuff

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2016 at 10:29 PM, whitephoenix said:

I hope you're actually asking them before selling their old stuff

i asked they told me they r worthless but im gonna sell them anyways

Sorry you wont get hardly anything for them, not even a charity shop would get much for them. I work in a charity shop in my spare time, most will take the albums and sell them for £1 each, but music single and VCR's get rejected, if they are left before we can reject them, then they are simple thrown in the bin.

Their only value is their listening value. Don't sell them...listen to them!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |