How Do I Speed Up My Fans?

Made In Canada

I'm just going to keep it short. I want to speed up my case fans and possibly my CPU cooler or even my GPU fan if possible, however, I cant seem to find anything other than a download called "SpeedFan" but I don't know if it is legit or a virus waiting to happen (and I would think there is a different way to do so like through my motherboard). Can anyone help?

PS my motherboard is a asus z97-a, fans are the NZXT s340 stock (FN V2), cpu cooler is a hyper 212 evo, and my gpu is a evga gtx 970 acx 2.0.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Yes use speed fan. That is what I use.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Speedfan is legit. http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

I think that's the legit link?

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

12 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Yes use speed fan. That is what I use.

soo SpeedFan is not going to give me a virus if I download it?

-Made In Canada

Just now, Made In Canada said:

soo SpeedFan is not going to give me a virus if I download it?

Nope. I used it myself. Also you can get external fan controllers. My case has one built-in.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

12 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Nope. I used it myself. Also you can get external fan controllers. My case has one built-in.

about that, I got one question. is there a way to deal/control with my fans with my motherboard?

-Made In Canada

Just now, Made In Canada said:

about that, I got one question. is there a way to deal with my fans with my motherboard?

With an external controller, you dont plug your fans into the motherboard, you plug it into the external controller. They usually have a little circuit board on the back of the case.

12 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

With an external controller, you dont plug your fans into the motherboard, you plug it into the external controller. They usually have a little circuit board on the back of the case.

okay, well I guess I'm getting SpeedFan, Thank You for the help.

PS. would you happen to know how I can monitor my CPU and GPU temps without having to reboot and go into the BOIS?

-Made In Canada

13 hours ago, Made In Canada said:

PS. would you happen to know how I can monitor my CPU and GPU temps without having to reboot and go into the BOIS?

Pick your poison style :D There are ton of software for that. Most common ones being HWmonitor, OpenHardwareMonitor and MSI Afterburner.

And you can't run fans faster than 12V/max rated rpm. PC hardware just doesn't do that without modding. And even then it isn't recommended and will damage fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, Made In Canada said:

Speed-fan will tell you your temps.

On 15.02.2016 at 9:36 PM, Made In Canada said:

HWmonitor.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

23 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Pick your poison style :D There are ton of software for that. Most common ones being HWmonitor, OpenHardwareMonitor and MSI Afterburner.

And you can't run fans faster than 12V/max rated rpm. PC hardware just doesn't do that without modding. And even then it isn't recommended and will damage fans.

Favorite is Openhardwaremonitor as you can have a widget with selected values to monitor instead of alt-tab to see stats when running an app full screen,