Saphire Nitro R9 390 or Powercolor R9 390

HighRez

Hey guys :)

I'm planning on ordering for a build in the next few weeks, (~$650 with out hard drives) and was wondering if I should pay $280 for a Powercolor R9 390, or if its worth another $20 for the Radeon Sapphire R9 390? For now I plan on gaming at 1080p, but maybe bumping up to 1440p once I can afford a new monitor :)

Thanks! 

Sapphire is the best manufacturer for Radeon cards.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

PowerColor - Noisy

Sapphire - Quiet

OC - (Luck of draw)  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, HighRez said:

I'm planning on ordering for a build in the next few weeks, (~$650 with out hard drives) and was wondering if I should pay $280 for a Powercolor R9 390, or if its worth another $20 for the Radeon Sapphire R9 390? For now I plan on gaming at 1080p, but maybe bumping up to 1440p once I can afford a new monitor :)

Thanks! 

The difference in fps between the cards will be extremely small. 

Just now, HighRez said:

Thanks! 

Sapphire is a higher quality, but Powercolor would get the job done.

1 minute ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

Sapphire is a higher quality, but Powercolor would get the job done.

Same quality. PCS+ was top dog in the 200 series. Same thing here. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, N_Bot said:

The difference in fps between the cards will be extremely small. 

So its really just acoustics? And even if I overclock the Sapphire? Because honestly for acoustics I'd rather not pay $20 extra.  

Sapphire

Powercolor has douchebag customer support

also Sapphire is better in every way, even cheaper most of the time

So its really just acoustics? And even if I overclock the Sapphire? Because honestly for acoustics I'd rather not pay $20 extra.  

Like others have said it's build quality too, not just acoustics. In the end either card will get the job done at 1080p and 1440p.

OC is the luck of draw. Even though Nitro has a 8+8 pin. On average in the 390/x club they're not beating anyone. 

Basically what I'm hearing is that Sapphire is better, but both will work well. Seems like If I have $20 to spare, I'll go sapphire otherwise powercolor will work fine for me.

18 minutes ago, HighRez said:

Basically what I'm hearing is that Sapphire is better, but both will work well. Seems like If I have $20 to spare, I'll go sapphire otherwise powercolor will work fine for me.

The XFX model is also one to consider, looks good and cools well.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

5 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

The XFX model is also one to consider, looks good and cools well.

True, although at the moment its $310 while the Powercolor is $280, and Sapphire is $300.

5 minutes ago, HighRez said:

True, although at the moment its $310 while the Powercolor is $280, and Sapphire is $300.

Ah, fair enough then. The Powercolor will perform fine if you really wanna hold onto that $20, but personally i'd go for the Sapphire, for looks, cooling, and customer support.

Sapphire.PowerColor is not bad,but they produce at Hon Hai Precision a.k.a. Foxconn.

Also,the Sapphire one is quieter and very good at overclocking.