Best Mechanical Keyboard 2016

flashmz
Go to solution Solved by Verne,

Ducky Shine 5 is great if you want RGB lighting. Ducky is much more respected brand than Corsair and Razer. Although Ducky is not as good as it used to be, its still one of the best. Shine 5 has a standard key cap sizes in the bottom row unlike the Corsair and Razer boards which makes it much more easier to find replacement key caps if you ever want to customize the looks any further.

Hello guys,

this is my first post in this Forum, so I would like to give u warm greetings from this tropical side of the world.

I´m also new to the mechanical keyboard world, so I would like some advice on which keyboard you guys consider the best for gaming?

I Mainly game and web browse on my pc.

Kind Regards,

Miguel Marques

They are all almost the same.  Almost everyone uses the Cherry MX switches, go with what you think looks best.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Anything with CherryMX switches IMO. That includes Corsair (K70 (RGB), K95 (RGB) & Strafe (RGB)), Ducky, Cooler Master, Logitech..That's all I can think of on the top of my head. From there, choose which one you think looks the best, since they're all great keyboards.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Samfisher,

thank you for your input, what keyboard are you currently using? 

Can you shed some light on what you think is the best keyboard for you?

Depends on what kind of switch you want. I would recommend looking into the different kinds. I have used Cherry MX Red, Black, Brown and Blue and like the Blue the most followed by the Browns, but you might prefer the black or reds. Maybe you can go to a store and try out the different kinds.

I really liked my Corsair K70 and I love my Qpad, but the logitech g710 is really good too. Of course those are only a options in the wide world of mechanical keyboards

1 minute ago, flashmz said:

Samfisher,

thank you for your input, what keyboard are you currently using? 

Can you shed some light on what you think is the best keyboard for you?

You can quote people so they know you read the message and replied.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I'm currently using a Corsair K70 RGB. I recommend against getting anything that's heavily reliant on software if you want pretty lights (RGB). That means stay away from Corsair. Their software is downright horrible and oftentimes fails to work properly.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Just now, Ivyk said:

You can either quote people or mention using the @ sign (@flashmz)

thank you  Ivyk

Thanks a lot for your fast responses everyone!

I didn´t expect this quick help. 

Actually i had the oportunity to try out the G710+ (brown)  and the Razer Chroma. really liked the feel of the G710+ better than the chroma. I liked the media buttons aswell, but would like to have the option of RGB control  (which the G710+ lacks).

2 minutes ago, Whorax said:

8 minutes ago, Whorax said:

From what I've seen, the Ducky Shine 5 is a fantastic looking keyboard.

From using it, I can confirm that. It's great.

I love my Ducky Shine 5 :D

2 minutes ago, flashmz said:

thank you  Ivyk

Thanks a lot for your fast responses everyone!

I didn´t expect this quick help. 

Actually i had the oportunity to try out the G710+ (brown)  and the Razer Chroma. really liked the feel of the G710+ better than the chroma. I liked the media buttons aswell, but would like to have the option of RGB control  (which the G710+ lacks).

I can understand that, but IMO RGB is overrated

I REALLY like my new K70 with cherry browns, its great and i got it $100 off from the retail price were i live because it was quite used but its still really good :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

thanks guys, i´m really appreciating your help.

I live in a place where I don´t have the luxury of testing any keyboard, because they don´t have it in local stores. I can only buy it on Amazon and wish it´s a good choice.

so, from the list that you all said. If you where to buy a keyboard for a friend that prefers the feel of MX cherry brown. what would you choose?

7 minutes ago, flashmz said:

so, from the list that you all said. If you where to buy a keyboard for a friend that prefers the feel of MX cherry brown. what would you choose?

What price range? 

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

What price range? 

there is no price limit, imagine it´s your best friends birthday :P.

Joking aside, I´m interested in knowing what´s the best, in terms of playability, specs.

15 minutes ago, flashmz said:

there is no price limit, imagine it´s your best friends birthday :P.

Joking aside, I´m interested in knowing what´s the best, in terms of playability, specs.

With no price limit, I'd go with a Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Brown (because Cherry Blue RGB switches are  such a rarity that it's not ever in stock).

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

7 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Cherry Blue RGB switches are  such a rarity that it's not ever in stock).

I got one :P took like 5 months. 

it´s weird that on my researches for "the best gaming keyboards 2016" I didn't find this Ducky shine 5 keyboard. 

So, bottom line, spec-wise, the ducky is the better option of all the brands that are out there, and if you guys could, you would buy one for yourselves.

2 minutes ago, flashmz said:

So, bottom line, spec-wise, the ducky is the better option of all the brands that are out there, and if you guys could, you would buy one for yourselves.

I'm too cheap to buy one :P. But if you have deeper pockets than mine then that's the one to get. 2nd place I'd say Corsair Strafe RGB, because the LED controller is better than the K70 RGB and aluminium caseless top design is overrated (my Cougar 600K is a caseless aluminium top)

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Ducky Shine 5 is great if you want RGB lighting. Ducky is much more respected brand than Corsair and Razer. Although Ducky is not as good as it used to be, its still one of the best. Shine 5 has a standard key cap sizes in the bottom row unlike the Corsair and Razer boards which makes it much more easier to find replacement key caps if you ever want to customize the looks any further.

well guys, I guess we have a winner.

Best keyboard to buy in 2016: DUCKY SHINE 5!

Tks a lot for the input, you guys are awesome!

Filco. They're like the Model M of the modern mass produced keyboards. 

If you really want durability, build your own. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Filco. They're like the Model M of the modern mass produced keyboards. 

If you really want durability, build your own. 

Heh, I was gonna say that the best keyboard of 2016 will be the LZ-RV That I'm building. xD Too bad only 18 or so will likely ever exist outside of South Korea.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)