Battlefield 4 Final Requirements

Coombzy

Battlefield 4 maxed out uses close to 3gb vram? Hard to believe

1440p maybe, Theyre saying 3gb not because it going use ALL of that vram, but between 2.2-2.6 at least. BF3 ultra 1080p uses 1.9 so 3gb in BF4 makes sense.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I must say I'm very dissapointed, although I was expecting this since bf4 is made run on last gen consoles.

I was hoping for a dx11 exclusive, 7850/650-ti, quad core 6600 minimum.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

my 570 has 1GB of vram .....

everything else is fine

NEED UPGRADE

You can play it tbh, you just can't play it maxxed out, but you couldn't play bf3 maxxed out eiter so... 

3GB VRAM? What? I have a 7870 2GB and now I'm sad :(

2GB will be perfectly fine on 1080p if you dial down on AA a bit.

They are recommending windows 8 because they are using dx 11.1.

"According to Andersson, the specific feature of Direct X 11.1 that Battlefield 4 will take advantage of on Windows 8 involve “constant buffer offsets, dynamic buffers as SRVs”, which return a slightly better CPU performance."

Nice, good to hear.

No, it means higher quality textures FINALLY.

I sure hope so!

So should I wait for the 9000 series or what

Cuuueeee @CoolBeans

I feel really stupid for getting a pair of 2gb cards now.

If only it was possible for AMD and nVIDIA to find some way to stack VRAM through 2 or more GPUs.

Why do you think your 2gb won't be able to kick ass in 1080p, they didn't say what rez the 3gig will be utilized on.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

mfw DICE hasn't officially released specs.

So this is probably fake / rumored.

Check their Official battlefield twitter they released it there

haha i remeber when my friend told me we wont need 2gb vram for years =P 2 years later we need 3gb xD

and i sure hope as hell the next windows comes in 64bit only

Why do you think your 2gb won't be able to kick ass in 1080p, they didn't say what rez the 3gig will be utilized on.

Fair point well made.

You can play it tbh, you just can't play it maxxed out, but you couldn't play bf3 maxxed out eiter so... 

your right that a gtx 570 can play bf4 at high settings due to being close in terms of a gtx 660(but is limited due to vram), but i gtx 570 did meet the recommended specs for bf3

RECOMMENDED:(bf3)

• PROCESSOR: Quad-core CPU
  • MEMORY (RAM): 4 GB
  • GRAPHICS CARD: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Of course I am :P

M$ want to sell copies of win 8.. So they develop features for win 8, ignoring win 7 users. It's smart from a business point of view, but .. Yeah... :(

It's actually really stupid in a business point of view. Because no one is going to buy W8 just because of DirectX 11.1 and .2 when they have to deal with bad support (most games don't work on W8) and the poor UI decisions by M$. If they put the new DirectX versions onto W7 there will probably be a bigger boost to W7 then there would be to W8.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yer i know, its pretty much microsoft pulling a vista again (dx10) :P, i'm personally still sticking with w7 and i won't be upgrading anytime soon tbh, though intrested in seeing the performance difference between w7 and w8 when it comes out.

There will probably by 1-2 fps difference if that. However would you really want to go with an OS where you can't play so many games that are older just for DirectX 11.1 and .2. It isn't worth it. What if I want to play Fallout 1, 2, Tactics or any other old game. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

There will probably by 1-2 fps difference if that. However would you really want to go with an OS where you can't play so many games that are older just for DirectX 11.1 and .2. It isn't worth it. What if I want to play Fallout 1, 2, Tactics or any other old game. 

Virtual machine can run them...

3gb vram are you kidding me ffs I just bought my 760 -__-

Virtual machine can run them...

Maybe, but even then there will be compatibility issues. I wonder if someone could somehow port the new DirectX versions over, if it's even possible without Microsoft doing it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I just installed BF3 for the first time. I used to play it in PS3 but then got back into PC.  I played for about 2 minutes I think and then decided to uninstall. I have many reasons for doing this, I think the main reason is that the gunplay is utter rubbish. There is no feedback from the gun other then sound which sounds ok, there are loads of people that would disagree with me but I just got off playing Arma 3 where I have played about 72 hours on and found that, that game (Arma 3) is a far better fps game. There is plenty of feedback in that game, the guns feel waity not floaty like in BF3, the sounds are far superior in my opinion, the visuals are better, the strategy and fps feel of the game is far better too. These are the reasons why I am not getting BF4. The games look really similar which doesn't help. I think devs need to start moving away from the unlocking gun trend and predictable modern fps shooters. By the way another reason why I played for 2 minutes was that I had nothing unlocked where in Arma 3 everything is unlocked so you can actually have fun from the very beginning. Also in BF3 you need to go through a browser and there are very few games on BF3 so yea. This is entirely my opinion of why I won't be buying BF4. I'll just stick with my intelligent fps game.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I just installed BF3 for the first time. I used to play it in PS3 but then got back into PC.  I played for about 2 minutes I think and then decided to uninstall. I have many reasons for doing this, I think the main reason is that the gunplay is utter rubbish. There is no feedback from the gun other then sound which sounds ok, there are loads of people that would disagree with me but I just got off playing Arma 3 where I have played about 72 hours on and found that, that game (Arma 3) is a far better fps game. There is plenty of feedback in that game, the guns feel waity not floaty like in BF3, the sounds are far superior in my opinion, the visuals are better, the strategy and fps feel of the game is far better too. These are the reasons why I am not getting BF4. The games look really similar which doesn't help. I think devs need to start moving away from the unlocking gun trend and predictable modern fps shooters. By the way another reason why I played for 2 minutes was that I had nothing unlocked where in Arma 3 everything is unlocked so you can actually have fun from the very beginning. Also in BF3 you need to go through a browser and there are very few games on BF3 so yea. This is entirely my opinion of why I won't be buying BF4. I'll just stick with my intelligent fps game.

Make that 81 hours played on Arma 3. And by the way I am sorry about this rant it's just it took me a whole day to install this game and uninstalled within 2 minutes of playing. I miss Bad Company 2.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I respect your opinion, this i totally a matter of taste, and I have to say I'd probbably play arma myself. It's just that my friends all play bf and we have a lot of fun with it...

I respect your opinion, this i totally a matter of taste, and I have to say I'd probbably play arma myself. It's just that my friends all play bf and we have a lot of fun with it...

I think I had a major rage quit after 2 minutes. I got sniped by an LMG (he only hit me once). Also I found the visuals to be really muddy.  Obviously though may tastes have changed quite a bit after playing Arma 3 and Fallout 1,2, Tactics.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I think I had a major rage quit after 2 minutes. I got sniped by an LMG (he only hit me once). Also I found the visuals to be really muddy.  Obviously though may tastes have changed quite a bit after playing Arma 3 and Fallout 1,2, Tactics.

Oh and I have been playing a fair amount of Planetside 2 which I found to a much better experience then BF3. It's a proper battlefield game in my opinion. It's free so everyone should give it a try. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Oh and I have been playing a fair amount of Planetside 2 which I found to a much better experience then BF3. It's a proper battlefield game in my opinion. It's free so everyone should give it a try. 

...everyone with a quad core that is :D

Also, I must agree that arma looks much more realistic (I'd say better but that's a matter of taste, to me personally it much looks better than bf3). Bf3 has that blue-gray tint that screws it up big time.

...everyone with a quad core that is :D

Also, I must agree that arma looks much more realistic (I'd say better but that's a matter of taste, to me personally it much looks better than bf3). Bf3 has that blue-gray tint that screws it up big time.

Gotta love the HDR effect in ARMA 3. Without it it looks god awful but with it the game looks really nice. I don't think it's a personal thing. ARMA 3 has much better more realistic effects. Volumetric smoke, clouds and fog really help to the make it look really good looking. If ARMA 3 had better textures I think it would look better then Crysis 3. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Now I wouldn't go that far, the Crysis 3 is better made visually. But it looks nice, very nice. Much better than Arma II, I gotta say I was suprised when I saw the beta first a couple of months ago, and on an older card in a smaller resolution.

EDIT: You wouldn't know by any chance how good was nvidia 3d vision on ARMA II or III do you?