I GOT A ASU R9 270X XFIRE TIME TO UPGRADE TO

JOEL791E99

Hi guys i need help on deciding on a upgrade  should i go for 390x xfire or 980ti sli 

my current system spec

asus 6 formula 

intel 4770k 4.2ghz

32gb ram 1866mhz

boot drive samsung 250gb evo

2tb wd green

4tb wd blue

500gb seagate

asus blueray drive

corsair rm850 watt

corsair 230t case

rosewill 5.1 media card reader

corsair h100i gtx

Acer predater 34 curved 4k monitor

Oh almost forgot the two asus 270x xfire

Edited by JOEL791E99

4 minutes ago, JOEL791E99 said:

Hi guys i need help on deciding on a upgrade  should i go for 390x xfire or 980ti sli 

my current system spec

asus 6 formula 

intel 4770k 4.2ghz

32gb ram 1866mhz

boot drive samsung 250gb evo

2tb wd green

4tb wd blue

500gb seagate

asus blueray drive

corsair rm850 watt

corsair 230t case

rosewill 5.1 media card reader

corsair h100i gtx

Acer predater 34 curved 4k monitor

Oh almost forgot the two asus 270x xfire

980ti sli.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

so a $1300~ set up vs a $700-800 set up...hmmmm...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Thank's guys  for the help im going to get the GTX 980TI sli im going to order them this Monday waiting for my tax return to clear my bank

27 minutes ago, JOEL791E99 said:

Thank's guys  for the help im going to get the GTX 980TI sli im going to order them this Monday waiting for my tax return to clear my bank

That's all well and good, but I'm still left wondering what prompted this comparison...

I could understand if you were asking about dual 390X or single 980ti (still the 980ti, by the way), but comparing dual-390X to dual-980ti? There's no comparison in performance or price...

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

That's all well and good, but I'm still left wondering what prompted this comparison...

I could understand if you were asking about dual 390X or single 980ti (still the 980ti, by the way), but comparing dual-390X to dual-980ti? There's no comparison in performance or price...

well i was comparing the vram on the 390x 8gb and the 980ti 6gb. I should off  be more specific sorry about that cuse i dont know how much vram ill take on a 4k monitor and i wanted it to last at least 4years

2 minutes ago, JOEL791E99 said:

well i was comparing the vram on the 390x 8gb and the 980ti 6gb. I should off  be more specific sorry about that cuse i dont know how much vram ill take on a 4k monitor and i wanted it to last at least 4years

4K, wait for the new cards. Nothing out right now is meant for 4K. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

4K, wait for the new cards. Nothing out right now is meant for 4K. 

In addition, if you're going nVidia their cards aren't exactly optimised for DX12 either. Wait for Pascal.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

8 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

In addition, if you're going nVidia their cards aren't exactly optimised for DX12 either. Wait for Pascal.

Wrong, really wrong, getting tired of this misinfomation. The benchmarks have shown otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Wrong, really wrong, getting tired of this misinfomation. The benchmarks have shown otherwise. 

Source? From what I've seen a 980ti a 290x are pretty much neck and neck in DX12. Perhaps it's old benchmarks on old drivers, feel free to enlighten me.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

Just now, sushisharkjl said:

Source? From what I've seen a 980ti a 290x are pretty much neck and neck in DX12. Perhaps it's old benchmarks on old drivers, feel free to enlighten me.

Give me a sec. They ran ashes before Nvidia released the asynchronous shader software. So there are benchmarks that are WAY off. I'll post the most current in a minute. Away from my rig

1 hour ago, JOEL791E99 said:

For future reference, never ever ever choose a lower tier GPU because it has more VRAM. It wouldn't matter if the 390X had a megabyte or a terabyte, it's still a lower performance card.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

Here we go. Most interesting thing is how the 980ti and Fury X work together. And remember this is reference speeds, overclocked the 980ti smokes the Fury X.

78166.png

NVIDIA-and-AMD-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-

32 minutes ago, App4that said:

Here we go. Most interesting thing is how the 980ti and Fury X work together. And remember this is reference speeds, overclocked the 980ti smokes the Fury X.

78166.png

NVIDIA-and-AMD-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-

Further proof of DX12's awesomeness. :D

Holy hell do drivers make a difference.

If money's not an issue, get the 980ti's, but if you want to save some cash get the R9 390x's.

yeah i think ill go nvidia this time i only been buying amd card for years the only nvidia card i had was the gtx275 thats OLD

Edited by JOEL791E99

The new graphiccards from Nvidia is coming out around summer time so I were you then I would wait for them to get a better deal.

good ideal i think ill wait for nvidia pascal or amd arctic

On 2/15/2016 at 7:18 AM, Dunzaus said:

The new graphiccards from Nvidia is coming out around summer time so I were you then I would wait for them to get a better deal.

good ideal i think ill wait for nvidia pascal or amd arctic island gpu

1 hour ago, SecretAuthor said:

If you are going to wait, then that's a LOOONG wait... Just buy the 980ti.

Mmmm good point too. Dam let me think ill decide Wednesday