Blacknoise eLoop 140mm fan review

VSG

Source: Thermalbench (me)

Ok so looks like there's no more member review section, and this is where all the reviews also go? If not, please let me know.

UvU4Qhnl.jpg

LqVqd9Bl.jpg

RXA2C0bl.jpg

UFbSzcEl.jpg

qis4hFMl.jpg

xDcvsjdl.jpg

6ehLBRAl.jpg

R5jZ4sNl.jpg

The Blacknoise Noiseblocker-eLoop B14-PS costs $27.99 from Performance PCs in the USA as of the date of this article, and they don’t seem to stock the B14-3 at this point. But looking at the other 140mm eLoop fans there, there is an increase in cost as the fan max RPM goes up so it may well be that the B14-3 would cost $29-30 each. Over in the UK, things are more simple with all the 140mm eLoops costing the same- £ 17.99 (inc. VAT). In the USA at least, these are easily the most expensive fans I have tested out in this speed range being beat out only by the higher speed Noctua NF-A14 IPPC fans which come in at 2000/3000 RPM. As such having these as fans for a large radiator can be more expensive than the radiator itself. Packaging was ok, but can be definitely improved upon. The included accessories are nice, but do contribute to the cost of the product. In fact, Blacknoise had a survey last year asking people if a lower cost eLoop at the expense of the included accessories would go well with the market. I do not know the results of that survey, and I am curious here- do you, the reader, want to see these fans at ~$20-22 if supplied bare with no accessories (assuming that price point is even possible). There’s also the part where this is a new design and new release, and the costs are sure to go down in the future. On the flip side, using as radiator fans will mean almost always having to secure different radiator screws unless you go with Alphacool/Phobya who tend to include 35mm long screws with their radiators as well.

These fans has the same unique look as the 120mm eLoops, and that will be something to consider for people wanting consistency in aesthetics. The black/white color scheme will go well with a lot of builds as well. They are among the quietest fans I have tested, and do wonders when up against low-med airflow restriction, preferably low. As such, they are one of the best fans from an airflow/noise basis here and definitely one to consider if you are ok with the 29mm thickness. If the price goes down eventually or a higher speed PWM version is available at a competitive price point, it will be one of favorite 140mm fans but it will have to contend with a recommendation for now.

I was sent 4 each of the B14-3 and B14-PS fans from Blacknoise for testing, and the full review is in the source linked above. I do like these fans, but feel they are not as competitive at the current prices- at least in the USA.

No, there's certainly still a member reviews section, you just have to move the page down, you know, towards the bottom

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/25-member-reviews/

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

6 hours ago, VSG said:

Well I look like a doofus now, don't I? Perhaps the link to an actual website will help here but thanks for letting me know for the future :)

Hey in any event, really cool review and since spcr isn't actually doing shit anymore it would be great to see you also check out the Venturi HP-14 fans.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 hours ago, XTankSlayerX said:

I never understood why it's Tech News & Reviews...

Never really seen any reviews... Probably have, but my ADD won't let my memory go back that far.

They include that because when new products launch such as graphics cards there are usually benchmarks, with the source typically being from a review site.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I have 16  120 mm phobya 1800 rpm eloop fans which are just a different color and no accessories come with them sleeved no detachable cable. They work great so for the opinion of brining the price down without so many bells and whistles I'm all for it I got the pho has at aqua tuning for under 15$ USD each when ordering so many

9 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Hey in any event, really cool review and since spcr isn't actually doing shit anymore it would be great to see you also check out the Venturi HP-14 fans.

Yup, I already have some private testing done with these fans. I will get some retail fans soon and do a full review of the 120mm and 140mm fans. But since you asked: their static pressure rating is pretty close to advertised numbers, but airflow is 15% or so less. Still, very decent fans and surprising to see Fractal come up with these with minimal experience. 

1 hour ago, VSG said:

Yup, I already have some private testing done with these fans. I will get some retail fans soon and do a full review of the 120mm and 140mm fans. But since you asked: their static pressure rating is pretty close to advertised numbers, but airflow is 15% or so less. Still, very decent fans and surprising to see Fractal come up with these with minimal experience. 

Yea, that seems about right for my own use.

Definitely the best option I've personally seen in the all black category.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yea, that seems about right for my own use.

Definitely the best option I've personally seen in the all black category.

I would still say that the Darkside GT Black Edition and the EK Vardar F4-120ER black edition fans are better on rads but these are close, yeah. 

this is nice and all but i would als get some black blades with that blacknoise. 

3 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

this is nice and all but i would als get some black blades with that blacknoise. 

There are OEM versions in the 120mm size from Phobya and Alphacool that have dyed red, blue and black impellers. This is also one of the easiest fans to dye the impeller to any color of your choosing if so desired. 

2 hours ago, VSG said:

I would still say that the Darkside GT Black Edition and the EK Vardar F4-120ER black edition fans are better on rads but these are close, yeah. 

The vardars use red cables irrc. Dark side probably would be better, but I forgot to mention I refuse to do 120mm fans and rad haha.

140 ftw. 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

54 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

The vardars use red cables irrc. Dark side probably would be better, but I forgot to mention I refuse to do 120mm fans and rad haha.

140 ftw. 

Vardar F3-140ER then. All black, including the cables. Only the furious Vardar fans come with a red sleeved cable.