Four different serial numbers spotted for Pascal

Just now, App4that said:

And any advantage in asynchronous shader will be offset by being able to throw a cheap AMD card in your rig to compensate. I don't think people are ready for what DX12 is bringing, or understand. 

That's if using GPU from different vendors in DX12 will be allowed by Nvidia or AMD. And its similar to PhysX (though with that you need an Ageia PhysX card unless your prepared to screw around with custom drivers, my GTX 650ti OC 2GB on PCIe Gen 2.0 x2 had the maximum FPS of my GTX 970 in PhysX games become the average).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

That's if using GPU from different vendors in DX12 will be allowed by Nvidia or AMD. And its similar to PhysX (though with that you need an Ageia PhysX card unless your prepared to screw around with custom drivers, my GTX 650ti OC 2GB on PCIe Gen 2.0 x2 had the maximum FPS of my GTX 970 in PhysX games become the average).

Works with Ashes. In fact the best performance is seen by crossing the streams. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Works with Ashes. In fact the best performance is seen by crossing the streams. 

I never knew that. In that case it seems that the fanboys can get rekt as it should no longer matter if your main graphics card is Nvidia or AMD in DX12 since you can use them from seperate vendors (though Nvidia are still dicks about disabling PhysX when an AMD card is installed).

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

I never knew that. In that case it seems that the fanboys can get rekt as it should no longer matter if your main graphics card is Nvidia or AMD in DX12 since you can use them from seperate vendors (though Nvidia are still dicks about disabling PhysX when an AMD card is installed).

Nvidia won't fight something that helps them. But yeah, all this fanboy bullshit is going by by once DX12 hits lol 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Nvidia won't fight something that helps them. But yeah, all this fanboy bullshit is going by by once DX12 hits lol 

That is unless they delude themselves even more.

PMSL

1 hour ago, App4that said:

No xD a 980ti distroies a Fury X xD The issue is the testing methods that are heavily favored for AMD. No maliciously, but because Nvidia under rates their cards. So  a majority of testers use reference clock speeds. 

That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased. 

Cmon, man. You know how this works. I've provided my sources, at least provide some of your own. Otherwise, I can't just trust you on your words. 

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

11 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Cmon, man. You know how this works. I've provided my sources, at least provide some of your own. Otherwise, I can't just trust you on your words. 

On campus on my phone but I can post later. Otherwise Google the benchmarks from Ashes (that aren't 5 months old) and watch Jayztwocents "is the kingpin 980ti worth it" Jay overclocks a bunch of 980ti's, a 970 SLI, and the Fury/X overclocked. 

Just now, App4that said:

On campus on my phone but I can post later. Otherwise Google the benchmarks from Ashes (that aren't 5 months old) and watch Jayztwocents "is the kingpin 980ti worth it" Jay overclocks a bunch of 980ti's, a 970 SLI, and the Fury/X overclocked. 

Bitch please, I'm at work on my phone and I still gave sources. -.-

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

1 minute ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Bitch please, I'm at work on my phone and I still gave sources. -.-

Tough cookies. I listed the sources, I have CPE lecture. Look them up or wait, your call. ;) 

Just now, App4that said:

Tough cookies. I listed the sources, I have CPE lecture. Look them up or wait, your call. ;) 

Fuck your cookies. Work gave me brownies.

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Cpt Buzzkill said:

But yet manages to deliver almsot same performance as 8gb r9... with 3.5gb...

But then again, yes they should of just said 3.5 gb and when people found that it has that 0.5gb spare(slower but spare) i think it would of played on Nvidia side... who knows. what we do know, no matter how many people complain about 3.5gb

1- it didnt hurt the market sale.

2- its still a bloody good card.

I had an MSI 970 Limited Edition for about 2 months. I was not impressed. I had used it for the first month, boxed it back up the second month. It sat on a shelf until I got tired of looking at it, then sold it.

I also have an R9 390x that I boxed back up. Not impressed with that either. It runs hot, uses too much power, is too loud, etc.. The fact that the 970 nearly matches it shouldn't be a surprise since it's an older architecture. It IS impressive from the performance per watt standpoint, though.

2 hours ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Fuck your cookies. Work gave me brownies.

Sorry Senpi, your brownies.

Here you can see the usual cards placing in their usual spots.

NVIDIA-and-AMD-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-

Here, you see that DX12 allows cards from different manufacturers to work together, making brand loyalty obsolete.

78166.png

On 2/13/2016 at 8:11 PM, LinusTech said:

This all makes perfect sense. You just need to think about it a different way. 

NVIDIA has ~80% marketshare. Why would they want general consumers (normal people, not the enthusiasts reading rumor sites) to be waiting for the next big thing when NVIDIA has a 4/5 chance of capturing the sale with mature technology they built ages ago (read:profitable) if they buy today? 

AMD on the other hand needs to start the hype train as early as possible in hope of capturing the consumer's dollars later when they believe they can be more competitive. 

I wholeheartedly agree Linus. Why should Nvidia's normal consumer base upgrade to Pascal when their systems still does what they want it to do. Really the only time they really get those kinds of people in my opinion is when they are upgrading from things like GTX 460s or earlier. I know a former neighbor that is still using a GTX 460 and is considering upgrading to a 960. AMD is almost competitive to Nvidia in my opinion. They just need to a) get that hype train rolling as early as possible, which I agree with. And b) tame that power consumption to where the PPW (performance-per-watt) matches to the likes of Nvidia.

Linus, I really appreciate your videos that you make, and I have never seen you contribute to these forums recently. But hey, what you said here is something I can totally agree.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

7 hours ago, SecretAuthor said:

I had an MSI 970 Limited Edition for about 2 months. I was not impressed. I had used it for the first month, boxed it back up the second month. It sat on a shelf until I got tired of looking at it, then sold it.

I also have an R9 390x that I boxed back up. Not impressed with that either. It runs hot, uses too much power, is too loud, etc.. The fact that the 970 nearly matches it shouldn't be a surprise since it's an older architecture. It IS impressive from the performance per watt standpoint, though.

Yes that's true. No one really takes performance-per-watt into consideration as much as they should be. Look at your annual monthly electric bill, not monthly, and you'll see a big difference if you shaved down the overall power consumption of your computer rig. It's bad news in my opinion that people see performance-per-watt as meaningless, yet it matters in the long run. The short run though, durr, you need to stretch it out to an annual basis.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

@Dabombinable
It is not up to Nvidia or AMD to decide if you can use multi vendor GPU setups under DX12. That is up to the game developer. If AMD or Nvidia is going to be able to have any control over such a situation they must write their drivers in such a way that the GPU deliberately crashes when detecting a card from the cometition. Such actions would be HIGHLY anti competitive, and would get either copany in trouble. But i think we both know which company would be most likely to do so too.... just imagine a PysX card in a AMD main system.

12 hours ago, SecretAuthor said:

Yeh thats EXACTLY my point. but lets just hope new GPUs and CPUs will impress us. i see people saying they dotn care about power consumption ect ect YET they all have A++ fridges and rest of technology. i see why people dont want to sacrifice performance vs power but its also right to point out that efficency is just as needed as performance. So i am guessing you went with 980ti? since you were not pleased with both of the cards?

15 hours ago, Cpt Buzzkill said:

Yeh thats EXACTLY my point. but lets just hope new GPUs and CPUs will impress us. i see people saying they dotn care about power consumption ect ect YET they all have A++ fridges and rest of technology. i see why people dont want to sacrifice performance vs power but its also right to point out that efficency is just as needed as performance. So i am guessing you went with 980ti? since you were not pleased with both of the cards?

Yes. Currently using a 980ti. It gets the job done. Haven't decided on what to do with the 390x. I might continue on my efforts to find a buyer, or keep it as a coaster like Logan on TekSyndicate. lol

7 hours ago, SecretAuthor said:

Yes. Currently using a 980ti. It gets the job done. Haven't decided on what to do with the 390x. I might continue on my efforts to find a buyer, or keep it as a coaster like Logan on TekSyndicate. lol

HAHAHA good to have extra cash like that, i recently moved contries ssoooo busy busy busy me :3 BUT whatever you planning it on good luck !