Linus Tech Tips Shitposting?

silentmelodies

I feel it, he is running out of that dough. Now he is uploading pointless videos daily.

Its kind of throwing shit at a wall, and seeing what sticks.

The last 5 video make no sense what so ever.

Is it just me or?

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

While I think the videos still mean something I slightly agree.

Mostly I dont see why they need to upload a video every single day. Eventually they will run out of good ideas, and then what?

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

2 minutes ago, Cvdasfg said:

While I think the videos still mean something I slightly agree.

Mostly I dont see why they need to upload a video every single day. Eventually they will run out of good ideas, and then what?

They close down their fancy warehouse and get a real job. 

They are taking themself just a little bit too serious. 

Servers, Warehouses, offices, 10k editing machines, gigabit internet etc.

Maybe you could get away with it if you had 1M view per video. Not ~100k.

Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850

I agree... I was thinking of this a while ago. I wish they would come out with a regular schedule of good quality material, not just hastily putting shit up every day. with as many people on their crew as they have, they should be able to scale back their production rate and increase their production quality. 

plus, maybe if they did this, then they could put out the multi-part videos all in a row rather than waiting A FULL F*CKING YEAR FOR THE PERSONAL RIG UPDATE.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

1 minute ago, silentmelodies said:

Its there channel they can upload what they want.

Think your being a bit harsh. Perhaps jealous?

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

The last few videos are about data storage, modding a graphics card, a case study on cable management and a story about a bad Kickstarter product. I don't find any of these videos out of place or "shitposting." They mix it up. Is that not the idea?

Core i7 5820k 4.0Ghz (all 6 cores, Noctua NH-D15) | Asus X99-Deluxe | ZOTAC GeForce 980 Ti (water cooled) @ 1400 core/stock VRAM | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 | 1.5TB SSD | Corsair 400Q | eVGA Supernova G2 850 watt | Dell UltraSharp U2515H, 25.5" 1440p IPS

Just now, Cvdasfg said:

Its there channel they can upload what they want.

Think your being a bit harsh. Perhaps jealous?

I don't think he's being harsh or jealous, I think he's a long-time fan who is disappointed in the direction of the channel...

remember the shitty last season of Scrubs...??

ESXi SysAdmin

3 minutes ago, silentmelodies said:

I'm no brown-noser but are you kidding me? You can't be serious with this.

1 minute ago, Sunshine1868 said:

I agree... I was thinking of this a while ago. I wish they would come out with a regular schedule of good quality material, not just hastily putting shit up every day. with as many people on their crew as they have, they should be able to scale back their production rate and increase their production quality. 

plus, maybe if they did this, then they could put out the multi-part videos all in a row rather than waiting A FULL F*CKING YEAR FOR THE PERSONAL RIG UPDATE.

If this thread manages to attract the attention of an LMG staff member, I think they'd be happy to explain how detailed and thought-out their production schedule is - these guys plan stuff out weeks, if not months in advance. The video you're watching today wasn't thought of, shot and edited/uploaded yesterday.

Core i7 5820k 4.0Ghz (all 6 cores, Noctua NH-D15) | Asus X99-Deluxe | ZOTAC GeForce 980 Ti (water cooled) @ 1400 core/stock VRAM | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 | 1.5TB SSD | Corsair 400Q | eVGA Supernova G2 850 watt | Dell UltraSharp U2515H, 25.5" 1440p IPS

16 hours ago, Kloaked said:

I'm no brown-noser but are you kidding me? You can't be serious with this.

YouTube is not a long term business. Just ask yourself, will you be watching him in 10 years?

16 hours ago, tuffjuff said:

The video you're watching today wasn't thought of, shot and edited/uploaded yesterday.

Not yesterday. 7 days ago. Gotta milk that Vessel stuff!

1 minute ago, tuffjuff said:

If this thread manages to attract the attention of an LMG staff member, I think they'd be happy to explain how detailed and thought-out their production schedule is - these guys plan stuff out weeks, if not months in advance. The video you're watching today wasn't thought of, shot and edited/uploaded yesterday.

I'm sure it is, but surely you agree that some of the stuff they post seems to be very hastily done and without much planning. Yes, they put out good videos, but sometimes they seem worthless.

ESXi SysAdmin

YouTube is not a long term business. Just ask yourself, will you be watching him in 10 years?

Tell that to PewdiePie

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, silentmelodies said:

Not yesterday. 7 days ago. Gotta milk that Vessel stuff!

Wait, you mean a business would form a partnership for the sole purpose of making money?!?

Unheard of!!!111!

Just now, silentmelodies said:

Pretty sure LMG knows that. They're not idiots.

Besides, you have no idea where Youtube is going with large channels; Youtube just started up the whole television/Netflix competitor thing, so I would expect LTT being the largest tech channel (that I know of anyways) to be a part of that eventually, possibly.

1 minute ago, Ramamataz said:

Tell that to PewdiePie

He is fine. He has 5M view per video. People WILL watch him, no matter what, if anything by pure clickbait.

i watched him the last 5 years so why not?

I love every single LTT video.

In the past it was all about quick shot videos in a garage, outside, with just linus running around with a knife unobxing things and talking about them.

I think the videos are not only informative but also entertaining.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I should hope you are a fan of LTT - why else would you be on their forums?

He is fine. He has 5M view per video. People WILL watch him, no matter what, if anything by pure clickbait.

And uh, what's your point? The amount of viewers they have are obviously enough to sustain the business, and if anything I can only see the number of viewers going up with their ever improving resources and increased popularity of Youtube.

Technology is constantly moving forward. I can't see LMG ever running out of video ideas if they still want to make them.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Just now, tuffjuff said:

I am, but just because I am a fan doesn't mean I like every single video they've ever made.

ESXi SysAdmin

Just now, tuffjuff said:

I was literally just thinking that lol.

1 minute ago, tuffjuff said:

I am not. I was. I am just here because its the biggest tech forum on the net that uses IPBoard.

8 minutes ago, silentmelodies said:

Ive been watching him since NCIX. So the answer is yes.

You guys can't honestly say that you LOVED the "How to shoot B-roll" video or the "What's on my phone" video...

ESXi SysAdmin

I am not. I was. I am just here because its the biggest tech forum on the net that uses IPBoard.

So you aren't an LTT fan.... which is why you brought it upon yourself to create an inflammatory thread about how much you dislike them? El oh el.

Just now, Sunshine1868 said:

You guys can't honestly say that you LOVED the "How to shoot B-roll" video or the "What's on my phone" video...

Did you see those vids?