New i5 4460 and GTX 960 budget rig

Hey guys,

So I'm planning on making myself a new computer, and made myself a little build. I talked it through with a friend of mine, and we came to the conclusion that this was a pretty good build. I'm curious what you guys think about it. I'll explain what I want with it below.

Link: Link :D

So, I've selected all the available parts in Germany, but I can get some parts in the Netherlands too, depends on what is cheapest.

1. Budget and Location

So, I live in Germany, but I'm able to get some parts in the Netherlands too. I'm aiming at a budget around €750

2. Aim

I am actually aiming at a gaming rig that can handle 1080p on higher/ultra settings. I'm not looking for a rig that will be able to handle 4K, as it is a bit too expensive for a student like me. Also I don't want it to be my main home computer to edit files and work on for school, as I have a laptop too.

3. Monitors

I already have a single, older HD monitor that has VGA input. I'll maybe expand my monitors or buying a new one in the future.

4. Peripherals 

I already have a simple mouse, keyboard and headphones. I'm probably going to run Windows 8.1 Embedded Pro on the rig. 

5. Why are you upgrading?

Actually, I'm still a console peasant and would like to join the master-race. All hail lord and savior Gaben.

Also I'm probably going to upgrade the SSD at the moment it is almost full.

Thanks for your interest! 

-Dan

skylake is the same price now, just go 6400 or 6500

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 minute ago, ZetZet said:

skylake is the same price now, just go 6400 or 6500

Ahh, okay, thanks!

35 minutes ago, daanvanderuit said:

Hey guys,

So I'm planning on making myself a new computer, and made myself a little build. I talked it through with a friend of mine, and we came to the conclusion that this was a pretty good build. I'm curious what you guys think about it. I'll explain what I want with it below.

Link: Link :D

So, I've selected all the available parts in Germany, but I can get some parts in the Netherlands too, depends on what is cheapest.

1. Budget and Location

So, I live in Germany, but I'm able to get some parts in the Netherlands too. I'm aiming at a budget around €750

2. Aim

I am actually aiming at a gaming rig that can handle 1080p on higher/ultra settings. I'm not looking for a rig that will be able to handle 4K, as it is a bit too expensive for a student like me. Also I don't want it to be my main home computer to edit files and work on for school, as I have a laptop too.

3. Monitors

I already have a single, older HD monitor that has VGA input. I'll maybe expand my monitors or buying a new one in the future.

4. Peripherals 

I already have a simple mouse, keyboard and headphones. I'm probably going to run Windows 8.1 Embedded Pro on the rig. 

5. Why are you upgrading?

Actually, I'm still a console peasant and would like to join the master-race. All hail lord and savior Gaben.

Also I'm probably going to upgrade the SSD at the moment it is almost full.

Thanks for your interest! 

-Dan

Title says 970 but build has 960? And are you going to be doing anything that needs cuda?

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Title says 970 but build has 960? And are you going to be doing anything that needs cuda?

Whooops, you're right. I edited it :S

And no, I don't think I am going to do something that will need cuda

Most parts will be the cheapest in Germany, It's pretty well known that Germany is the cheapest country. Everyone that lives close to the border goes shopping in Germany ;)

Just now, GoldenBE said:

Most parts will be the cheapest in Germany, It's pretty well known that Germany is the cheapest country. Everyone that lives close to the border goes shopping in Germany ;)

Hahaha that's true, I've got experience. But speaking of which, I've also found some of the components in my rig that are in fact cheaper in the Netherlands...

2 minutes ago, daanvanderuit said:

Hahaha that's true, I've got experience. But speaking of which, I've also found some of the components in my rig that are in fact cheaper in the Netherlands...

Well yea that's possible, but you won't find any cheap parts in Belgium though :P

I always go to The Netherlands or just use Amazon.de when buying tech stuff. Costs around 30% less on most items, especially local stores vs amazon.de

Just now, GoldenBE said:

Well yea that's possible, but you won't find any cheap parts in Belgium though :P

I always go to The Netherlands or just use Amazon.de when buying tech stuff. Costs around 30% less on most items, especially local stores vs amazon.de

Hahah yeahh, and if you buy some tech stuff together, you should take a look at afuture.nl. They are pretty cheap (cheapest of Holland, 99% of the times) and they ship to Belgium too...

1 minute ago, daanvanderuit said:

Haha, looks pretty good, but a little over budget, I'm afraid xD

ahhhh yes(ja), I've been on it for a few hours, probaply need to go do something else. Try putting it together on http://tweakers.net/, maybe that helps.

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

ahhhh yes(ja), I've been on it for a few hours, probaply need to go do something else. Try putting it together on http://tweakers.net/, maybe that helps.

Haha, I was already doing that. I'm making up a list on pcpartspicker to see if there is any cheaper part to find in Germany.

For the few hours on part, it is half eleven already, maybe you should go lekker to bed. :P

Just now, daanvanderuit said:

Haha, I was already doing that. I'm making up a list on pcpartspicker to see if there is any cheaper part to find in Germany.

For the few hours on part, it is half eleven already, maybe you should go lekker to bed. :P

I whish I could, but first some homework and then right back to the TU tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

I whish I could, but first some homework and then right back to the TU tomorrow. 

Hehe, another good side of being in HAVO-4 and living in Gelderland-Oost: Carnaval break 9_9