Wirellesly format an ssd

ElMachoBurg

Hi there.I need to wirelessly format an ssd.

I have a non-openable laptop and I would need to fully format it, (it's not a windows laptop) and it doesn't have a ethernet port.

It doesn't matter how complex is the process is.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ElMachoBurg said:

I have a non-openable laptop and I would need to fully format it, (it's not a windows laptop) and it doesn't have a ethernet port.

Thanks.

Do you have access to the laptop?

Thats not how it works?

If you have a 2nd device on the laptop you can format the SSD easily if its not the boot drive.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

can't you use a simple USB to SATA (or whatever interface the ssd uses) adapter?  hook it up to a computer and then format it that way.

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand what you mean by wireless... if you are trying to format the ssd inside the non-openable laptop, you could make a bootable USB device and boot up into windows or some disk utility like parted magic to format your drive and create portions etc.

Edited by simtransporter

I would suggest removing the SSD and submerging it in water for 48 hours

loljk

You're probably just going to have to get the SSD out, put in another PC and format that way. 

Non-openable is a challenge bro. What laptop is it. You can look into making a bootable USB drive and format using the OS on the USB.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

3 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Do you have access to the laptop?

yes

3 minutes ago, simtransporter said:

can't you use a simple USB to SATA (or whatever interface the ssd uses) adapter?

no, it's a non-openable laptop

5 minutes ago, ElMachoBurg said:

Thanks.

What model is this device? And since you are trying to format it either way, then I would try to just install Linux or something on the device, but only since it's a free operating system. Else you can probably try to install Windows and format it during the install procedure.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

What model is this device? And since you are trying to format it either way, then I would try to just install Linux or something on the device, but only since it's a free operating system. Else you can probably try to install Windows and format it during the install procedure.

It's a Lenovo n21 chromebook, but I can't install any os as everithing is locked, that's why I what to flly format the ssd

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

You could use a bootable USB installer and select the SSD drive format it before the new OS install. 

No, I can't, I can't acess any BIOS or boot option settings

13 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

Non-openable is a challenge bro. What laptop is it. You can look into making a bootable USB drive and format using the OS on the USB.

No, I can't acces any BIOS or boot options , it's a Lenovo N21 chromebook

is it a mac? Since its not open-able and not windows....  Need more info.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

2 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

is it a mac? Since its not open-able and not windows....  Need more info.

no, it's a Lenovo N21 chromebook

3 minutes ago, ElMachoBurg said:

It's a Lenovo n21 chromebook, but I can't install any os as everithing is locked, that's why I what to flly format the ssd

Doesn't it turn on or anything at all? If that is the case, then that sounds like something else than just a hard drive failure.

sorry didnt refresh for some odd reason and didnt see the post.

if you have access to another laptop or working pc follow these steps https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595?hl=en

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

12 minutes ago, ElMachoBurg said:

I don't think I've seen a device that doesn't specifically have BIOS access what happens if they need to reformat chrome OS.  

16 minutes ago, ElMachoBurg said:

are you trying to restore ChromeOS or install another OS like linux? big difference. Also is the laptop working or not?

2 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

well, It is actually openable but to get to the hard drive you have to pull everything apart, including the motherboard. As it can only be opened by the keyboard and the hard drive is at the very bottom. And I don't want to pull everything apart especially as I have alredy screwed up a laptop when disassembleded it. That's why I want to do it without opening it up

10 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Doesn't it turn on or anything at all? If that is the case, then that sounds like something else than just a hard drive failure.

There is no failure, the laptop works perfectly

1 minute ago, ElMachoBurg said:

well, It is actually openable but to get to the hard drive you have to pull everything apart, including the motherboard. As it can only be opened by the keyboard and the hard drive is at the very bottom. And I don't want to pull everything apart especially as I have alredy screwed up a laptop when disassembleded it. That's why I want to do it without opening it up

This extremely valuable information. Should put this kind of stuff in the topic. 

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

I don't think you can install Windows on it if that's your goal. If you want Linux try researching Linux on Chromebook.