So I'm new to SC, How does this whole organization thing work?

royalba94

Like the title says, I'm new and as such I have been invited to join multiple organizations. I'm not really sure how this all works and what the overall story/layout of the game is/is going to be. Can someone please explain or point me to where I can learn it all?

Also, there isn't currently a way to buy/earn new ships and hangars and things in the game yet right? Is there a way to earn UEC?

Thanks!

You can rent ships with REC, the in game currency earned by playing arena commander, but you can't buy ships in game yet.

as for orgs, I'm not one who knows what you're looking for.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Have you read the official FAQ on the RSI website? I think that does a pretty good job of explaining the basics :) 

I take it you bought a ship? If so, welcome, enjoy your stay. If any other questions may arise, don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord (link in the contents thread) 

EDIT: I suppose I should add that around here we're known as the UOLTT Conglomerate, an org where we're always open for new members. Right now we are more focused on organising the military, but more divisions will follow when we're able to. Appropriate links can also be found in the Org Content thread. 

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Every time you play a game in the arena commander module you earn REC which you can use to rent new weapons / shields /ships 7 days. You can also pledge extra money to buy other ships which is giving more funding to the game. You can use UEC for buying hanger decorations and permanent weapons / shields but you cant earn UEC so I recommend playing some games of arena commander to earn REC and then try out other ships.

As for Orgs they are still a work in concept and we don't know their full extent in the game. Currently they are just a grouping of people but hopefully they will be sub communities of the game where you can work together to do missions and stuff and maybe even own a small location of the verse.

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

5 minutes ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

You can rent ships with REC, the in game currency earned by playing arena commander, but you can't buy ships in game yet.

as for orgs, I'm not one who knows what you're looking for.

Thanks for the tip :)

3 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

Have you read the official FAQ on the RSI website? I think that does a pretty good job of explaining the basics :) 

I take it you bought a ship? If so, welcome, enjoy your stay. If any other questions may arise, don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord (link in the contents thread) 

I actually hadn't seen the FAQ thread, I looked briefly but it wasn't in what I would consider the usual places. I've found it now though, thanks.

Yes I did get a ship, I went with the Avenger package.  Thanks for the welcome :)

3 hours ago, royalba94 said:

Like the title says, I'm new and as such I have been invited to join multiple organizations. I'm not really sure how this all works and what the overall story/layout of the game is/is going to be. Can someone please explain or point me to where I can learn it all?

Also, there isn't currently a way to buy/earn new ships and hangars and things in the game yet right? Is there a way to earn UEC?

Thanks!

Contact me by message on the Star Citizen site: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Thylbana and set up a time.  I work evenings so I'm on at odd hours.  If you send a message we can loaf around Olisar and I'll let you use any of my ships that you want.  Don't even worry about REC.  Be sure to reference this post from LTT.  I get a lot of weirdos.  Not the fun Gonzo kind, either.  If you have a Discord account, we can chat and I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Flyable ship list:

Aurora MR

Aurora LN
Mustang Alpha
Mustang Beta
Mustang Gamma
Mustang Delta
300i
315p
325a
350r
Gladius
M-50
Cutlass Black
F7C-S
F7C-M
Freelancer
Constellation Andromeda

P-52 Merlin

1 hour ago, Thylbanus said:

Contact me by message on the Star Citizen site: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Thylbana and set up a time.  I work evenings so I'm on at odd hours.  If you send a message we can loaf around Olisar and I'll let you use any of my ships that you want.  Don't even worry about REC.  Be sure to reference this post from LTT.  I get a lot of weirdos.  Not the fun Gonzo kind, either.  If you have a Discord account, we can chat and I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Flyable ship list:

Aurora MR

Aurora LN
Mustang Alpha
Mustang Beta
Mustang Gamma
Mustang Delta
300i
315p
325a
350r
Gladius
M-50
Cutlass Black
F7C-S
F7C-M
Freelancer
Constellation Andromeda

P-52 Merlin

That would be awesome :):) Thanks for the invite, I'll send you a message in the next couple days to set something up :)

On 2/8/2016 at 10:58 PM, royalba94 said:

Thanks!

join us on our discord server!

https://discord.gg/0ZFgG6Y9m9xdFg17

basicly the lore of the UOLTT is that there is none, we just want to all work together to basicly make our SC "lives" better, some are fully dedicated to the org others just want to play with people we know :)